• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giving other instruments ModWheel Volume Control in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Giving other instruments ModWheel Volume Control in Kontakt

Here's the PDF. It's overtly large and ugly, but it does the job. This covers on how to make non GPO (Giga or Native Kontakt) instruments respond the mod wheel volume control in a way similar to GPO.

ModWheelVolControlNonGPO.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Re: Giving other instruments ModWheel Volume Control in Kontakt

I haven't tried it yet but I want you to know how much this is appreciated. It's guys like you who are invaluable to this forum for guys like me. Thanks much and this looks exactly what I was looking for.
    Styxx

Re: Giving other instruments ModWheel Volume Control in Kontakt

Thanks Joseph, very interesting.

I don't understand what the volume curve actually does. How does it relate to the mod wheel data?

cheers,
    Frank

Since I'm not 100 percent sure what you mean, I'm going to take an absolute shot in the dark. Normally, when following the directions and setting up Mod Wheel control of the volume curve, the curve is a straight line by default. In saying this, the volume curve (when controlled by the mod wheel) acts in a similar manner to that of the instruments in GPO. You can do this to any instrument you choose to load in Konakt due to the way that it is programmed. But you can also change the volume curve so that it behaves in any number of ways. You could have it set so that Mod Wheel at 0 equals full volume and Mod Wheel 127 is no volume by reversing the volume curve.

Hope that clears it up, but I think I confused myself.

Hi thanks, that sounds quite logical. Easiest would be a straight line, I think. Are there cases someone would prefer a different curve?

If you want it to sound weird? I wouldn't think in normal circumstances that you'd want anything but a straight line. However, I'm kind of a weird person, so I've actually drawn in some grazy graphs. Its fun to mess around with the instruments to see what comes out.

Go Back to forum