• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Who wants a PDF of...

Share/Bookmark

Smile Who wants a PDF of Aase's Death?

"Aase's Death" Op. 46 No. 2 by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907)? If you want PM me your email and I shall send it to you. I figured since it's string dominated it would be a great exercise using GOS and GPO.
    Then again, if you do too much exercising your fingers will get too muscular and you may end up running for Governor of California someday!

Act now and send 19.95 but wait! You not only get Edvard Grieg's famous work "Aase's Death" but if you call and use your Foreign Legions Lost and Found Golfers Credit Card you will receive updated unused unheard of versions of "A Day In The Life of Aase's Ride Across America in a Winabago Camper Deluxe" Written for tuba, bass guitar and soprano voice. You'll spend hours having the time of your life trying to figure out what notes play what instrument in this unfinished version of "Why I Wrote This Piece In The Firsts Place" by Edvard Griegs rival Edward Briefs who was a famous Accordionist for the Lockport Polish Regional Swing Orchestra in WangTang New York!
    So call now and be the first on your block to own an original fingernail of Louis Van Copenhagen's left pinkie which has nothing to do with this offer in the first place except he was Edvard Griegs personal violin tuner and chef and lost this fingernail when tuning and preparing a fish using an exacto knife.
    Styxx

Re: Who wants a PDF of Aase's Death?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    "Aase's Death" Op. 46 No. 2 by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907)? If you want PM me your email and I shall send it to you. I figured since it's string dominated it would be a great exercise using GOS and GPO.
    Then again, if you do too much exercising your fingers will get too muscular and you may end up running for Governor of California someday!

Act now and send 19.95 but wait! You not only get Edvard Grieg's famous work "Aase's Death" but if you call and use your Foreign Legions Lost and Found Golfers Credit Card you will receive updated unused unheard of versions of "A Day In The Life of Aase's Ride Across America in a Winabago Camper Deluxe" Written for tuba, bass guitar and soprano voice. You'll spend hours having the time of your life trying to figure out what notes play what instrument in this unfinished version of "Why I Wrote This Piece In The Firsts Place" by Edvard Griegs rival Edward Briefs who was a famous Accordionist for the Lockport Polish Regional Swing Orchestra in WangTang New York!
    So call now and be the first on your block to own an original fingernail of Louis Van Copenhagen's left pinkie which has nothing to do with this offer in the first place except he was Edvard Griegs personal violin tuner and chef and lost this fingernail when tuning and preparing a fish using an exacto knife.
    Whoa Styxx! How can ANYONE refuse THAT offer??!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    "Aase's Death" Op. 46 No. 2 by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907)?
    hy styxx
    one of my favorites!
    In case somebody is not familiar with the piece here a quick GOS piano rendering:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/GriegAsesDeath.mp3

For a easy start a midi file:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/Grieg2_ase.mid
    have fun
    fmfgs

Thumbs up Re: Who wants a PDF of...

fmfgs,
    Hey, this is great thanks! Nice start to a great piece.
    Styxx

Styxx,

This is a nice little gem. Here is the link the the score Styxx provided for those who want to try a rendition. this would be a great exercise for GPO.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/aasesdeath-a4.pdf

My $19.95 is in the mail for the other unheard versions.

fmfgs - Thanks for the MIDI file and the mp3 piano version.

Looking forward to hearing other renditions of the classic Grieg work.

Gary

Thumbs up Re: Who wants a PDF of...

Thanks Gary. This is just the ticket for those who wish to work with this fine piece. As for the other offer, I am so behind in deliveries that the legion band is working overtime to record their rendition. It's a tuff business but somebody has to do it.
    I am really quite interested in hearing everyone's rendition!
    Styxx

Re: Who wants a PDF of...

Please discuss your instrumentation set up for this piece using GPO and or GOS/GOS lite, anyone.
    Thank you.
    Styxx

Well, I guess I'll be the whipping post. Here's my take on this song. Pretty straightforward from the score with no poetic justice taken other than the tempo. Any feedback would be appreciated. This was done entirely in Overture using GPO studio and Ambience. I have included the Overture file, Studio file, and the Ambiance plugin settings in a zip file for your pleasure. Note: I used voicings in Overture for ease of divisi playing so the initial look at the file is a mess.

Aase's Death: La Morte D'ase

The Files

Instrument groupings used:

Violin 1:
    Gagli 1
    Gagli 2
    Gagli 3
    Stradi 1

Violin 2:
    Guarn 1
    Guarn 2
    Guarn 3
    Stradi 2

Viola:
    Viola 1
    Viola 2

Cello:
    Cello 3 1
    Cello 3 2
    Cello 3 3

Doublebass solo

Updated:

I have updated the link with the changes suggested by Styxx. Here it is again. I thought I better post it now because Nicole's is gonna whoop mine.

Aase's Death (5.86 MB dl)

Enjoy.

Edited: And it sure did, Nicole wins. I have been shamed.

Edited again for Falcon1.

Hey where did Nicole's post go? Now I look like an idiot!

Edited: And it sure did, Nicole wins. I have been shamed.
    Hard to believe!

I would post mine but I refuse to submit any more demos.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum