• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why I don't like George W.

Share/Bookmark

Why I don't like George W.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I thought I'd go on a limb and, instead of defending conservatism from the sometimes illogical accusations brought by liberals (sometimes, I said), point out the real reasons George W. sucks.

First, you might want to read this article about spending vs. division in government.

I don't agree with a lot of the Republican agenda. For the most part, I vote Republican because I believe in limited government. This is a belief that you can scrutinize to exhaustion, but it's based on the principle of individual rights and is something that will always be good and right to me, because it's a principle.

I was cognizant of my own political beliefs and their meaning and relations to society at a young age, and the year would be around 1980-82ish (8-10 years old). From then on I dreamed of the day that Republicans would actually have a majority. To finally be able to pass conservative legislation to cut spending and lower taxes was something that gave me great hope and fostered a comaraderie with the Republican party. Well, I've spent the last 20 years waiting for that moment. Finally, it came. In 2000 we had the senate, congress and the white house. Not a big majority but enough like-minded people to win some supermajorities on sensible free-market issues.

And what did I get for my 20 years of hoping and waiting for my party to have it's chance? I got the bill to a spending spree that would make liberals envious. Where are the spending cuts? Where is the conservative movement that spent the last 40 years condemning an economically irresponsible congress? Where is the protection of our civil liberties? I thought Republicans stood for limited government. That's LIMITING the POWER of government, not INCREASING the POWER of government. Where's the flat tax? Where's the legislation that will keep social security out of the general fund? Where's the plan to eradicate the national debt?(ok, that one's maybe far-fetched).

It's not just George W. It's the entire Republican party. They told all of us conservatives to go screw ourselves. I don't understand how people can abondon their principles so quickly and casually.

After reading that article I linked to, I don't even care who wins the presidential election, because it ultimately doesn't matter. I guess I'd rather have a Democrat in the White house and a Republican controlled house. I guess that's about all I can hope for.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Re: Why I don't like George W.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I thought I'd go on a limb and, instead of defending conservatism from the sometimes illogical accusations brought by liberals (sometimes, I said), point out the real reasons George W. sucks.

First, you might want to read this article about growth vs. division in government.

I don't agree with a lot of the Republican agenda. For the most part, I vote Republican because I believe in limited government. This is a belief that you can scrutinize to exhaustion, but it's based on the principle of individual rights and is something that will always be good and right to me, because it's a principle.

I was cognizant of my own political beliefs and their meaning and relations to society at a young age, and the year would be around 1980-82ish (8-10 years old). From then on I dreamed of the day that Republicans would actually have a majority. To finally be able to pass conservative legislation to cut spending and lower taxes was something that gave me great hope and fostered a comaraderie with the Republican party. Well, I've spent the last 20 years waiting for that moment. Finally, it came. In 2000 we had the senate, congress and the white house. Not a big majority but enough like-minded people to win some supermajorities on sensible free-market issues.

And what did I get for my 20 years of hoping and waiting for my party to have it's chance? I got the bill to a spending spree that would make liberals envious. Where are the spending cuts? Where is the conservative movement that spent the last 40 years condemning an economically irresponsible congress? Where is the protection of our civil liberties? I thought Republicans stood for limited government. That's LIMITING the POWER of government, not INCREASING the POWER of government. Where's the flat tax? Where's the legislation that will keep social security out of the general fund? Where's the plan to eradicate the national debt?(ok, that one's maybe far-fetched).

It's not just George W. It's the entire Republican party. They told all of us conservatives to go screw ourselves. I don't understand how people can abondon their principles so quickly and casually.

After reading that article I linked to, I don't even care who wins the presidential election, because it ultimately doesn't matter. I guess I'd rather have a Democrat in the White house and a Republican controlled house. I guess that's about all I can hope for.
    Sir Frog,

I agree 100%. I also thought that the only thing keeping limited govenment from becoming reality was the fact that Congress was ruled by the left, but the Republicans haven't lived up to the hopes.

So far I'm still planning on voting for W, but I'm only leaning this way right now...nothing's firm.

Wes

Republicans and Democrats seem to be guilty of not living up to their promises and ideals. The corporate system is partly to blame.

Truly, if you are against big government and cherish your freedoms, Bush is not your candidate. He is destroying American freedoms and supports the takeover of America by corporate interests. This is a HUGE threat to free America. He has grown the government to its largest in US history.

I don't like GW because EVERY SINGLE SYLLABLE that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Being an outsider all i can say is your countries lost the plot, i read articles from the left and articles from the right and they're beginning to read the same, your countries been stolen from you

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    I don't like GW because EVERY SINGLE SYLLABLE that comes out of his mouth is a lie.
    And that's usually all he can manage -- single syllables.

Where's the plan to eradicate the national debt?(ok, that one's maybe far-fetched).
    Not far-fetched. A necessity. The country's gonna go bust, or get sucker-punched by the Chinese or Euro-economic machines. And why should my kids and yours get saddled with it? It's a disease, and it's growing to astronomical proportions. A huge albatross that's gonna strangle everyone.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    Lord Frogness,

Great post.

Paul

I agree entirely. If we keep hitching our hopes to the GOP, I'm inclined to think our best bet is to have a Democrat President and a GOP Congress, then let 'em fight it out. At least then the GOP will be combating a leftist agenda, if for no other reason than for partisanship. Apparently they can't be trusted to do it on principle.

But if you want to know WHY the GOP isn't any different than the Democratic Party, read here:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/20...2004/elect.htm

The most relevant section being the one titled "The Game Is Rigged". Here are some more complete quotes from Quigley that are relevant to this issue:

There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960’s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies....but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known.
    The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and politics...of the Right and...Left, is a foolish idea...the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy...It should be possible, to replace one party with the other party which will pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policy.

Go Back to forum