• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does GPO come with full version of kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

Does GPO come with full version of kontakt?

Hi. I've been researching GPO and I've seen that it comes with a version of NI Kontakt player. Is this a full version on kontakt, or specifically designed to be used ONLY for GPO and will not load other libs? I ask because if it is indeed a full version, it seems like a GREAT deal, as you would essentially be getting GPO for free (kontakt is priced around $380 alone).

This sounds too good to be true, so it probably is, but I just thought I would check.

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: Does GPO come with full version of kontakt?

Unfortunately no it's not full kontakt but it is a great tool regardless! I don't think I've ever tried to load anything else into it and I am sure you can't. Some of the bigger guys will tell you if I am wrong. Regardless, for the price of GPO you get more than you bargain for! I can definitely say go for it! You can always upgrade the kontakt player to full kontakt 1.53 later at a discounted price for GPO registered users. You just can't go wrong.
    Hope this helps.
    Styxx

Re: Does GPO come with full version of kontakt?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I can definitely say go for it! You can always upgrade the kontakt player to full kontakt 1.53 later at a discounted price for GPO registered users. You just can't go wrong.
    Hope this helps.
    Really? How much is it to upgrade to the full kontakt? Know of any educational discounts for upgrading (I'm a student).

Thanks for your reply,
    Jon

Let me just lob this out there - as far as playing the GPO library goes, in my opinion there is no advantage at all to the full Kontakt over the included GPO Kontakt Player. I think of the GPO player sort of like a 'Kontakt without all the knobs and controls'. The programming of GPO is superb, and personally, I haven't ever wanted to touch a thing in Tom Hopkins' programming. I could only screw it up.

Of course, the full Kontakt opens other possibilities, that's a different matter altogether.

Trond

You can upgrade to the full Kontakt at the Native Instruments website for $249. I've seen an academic price of $224 at Academic Superstore.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum