• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suggestions for dealing with the slow attack times

Suggestions for dealing with the slow attack times

Hi All:

I'm a fairly new user, and have been extremely satisfied so far.

My only big issue is that, with certain instruments, mainly instrument groups like T-bone overlay adnd lush strings, the envelope has a slow rise/attack
    time. I understand that this adds a nice "musical" expressivity to the sound, and I like it, but I could really use some advice on how to get around the
    general "behind-the-beat" impression that can result from their use within
    a more up-tempo piece.

Thanks in advance, and I repeat, I am really happy with my purchase...I'm just trying to take it to the next level.

Paul Riker

P.S. I'm using Finale and Cubase (though not together)

Re: Suggestions for dealing with the slow attack times

I assume you are aware of the note-on velocity programming in the instruments? Just in case you're not, the note's attack is controlled by it. I don't mean to insult you, this feature is sometimes initially overlooked and I need to make sure we're on the same page.

If you're referring to the 'sustained note volume envelope' in legato mode, either with a very soft-attack or independently of the note-on attack, that's that way it is (in legato mode, i.e. sustain pedal down, the attack portion of the notes is removed, so you basically hear the sustain portion of the notes only). There is some revised programming forthcoming for the lush string patches in the next GPOupdate, I'm not sure if it addresses the point you raise, though.

Did this answer your question?

Re: Suggestions for dealing with the slow attack times

Yes, that seems to be just what I've been missing. Would you mind either giving me some direct advice on the tool or directing me to the corresponding page(s) in the manual?

Thanks for your help...I feel a little silly for missing what seems to be such an
    obvious control feature.

I really appreciate your help.

Paul Riker

Go Back to forum