• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture SE Chords

Share/Bookmark

Overture SE Chords

Is there any way to add a note to a pre-existing note in order to create polyphonic chords? That is, if there's a C quater note, how do I add an E and a G so it plays a C major chord rather than three notes consecutively? It sounds like it should be easy, but I can't find this functionality in either the help files or (admittedly large) manual. Every time I put the notes 'on top of each other' (so to speak), they arpagiate (sp).

Thanks!

Re: Overture SE Chords

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    Is there any way to add a note to a pre-existing note in order to create polyphonic chords? That is, if there's a C quater note, how do I add an E and a G so it plays a C major chord rather than three notes consecutively? It sounds like it should be easy, but I can't find this functionality in either the help files or (admittedly large) manual. Every time I put the notes 'on top of each other' (so to speak), they arpagiate (sp).

Thanks!
    Place the new note directly above the first one, or maybe ever so slightly to the left of it. Also, you might have to zoom in to achieve placement, i.e. 150% or higher, if you're currently working in low resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod

Thanks!
    Your Imagegodliness...
    If you are using the step-entry window, use the numeric pad "enter" key. That will enter notes without advancing the insertion point, so you create chords that way. When the chord is done, hit the regular "enter" key and the insertion point will advance.
    On a portable computer, Fn-enter will emulate the numpad enter key for chord entry.

Happy Scoring...Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp
    Place the new note directly above the first one, or maybe ever so slightly to the left of it. Also, you might have to zoom in to achieve placement, i.e. 150% or higher, if you're currently working in low resolution.
    Thanks, that seemed to do the trick! This forum rocks (or it would, if it weren't orchestrial related).

Go Back to forum