• Register
  • Help

Topic: multi-voice per channel

Share/Bookmark

Question multi-voice per channel

Hi, why can't I let the woods play chords (using one channel) like the brass and strings?

I for example often use two flutes in my pieces and to save space on the score I put both flutes on the same stave. But when I try to play it with GPO studio or in Cubase I just hear one note not two. However, when I do the same with brass then it works.

What's the reason for this?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: multi-voice per channel

Just a thought: polyphony.

Flute solo is 1. Ensemble flutes are multi (6 I think). Polyphonic in SONAR with this combo, but not if you're sending just to the solo flute. You can also change the polyphony on the solo flute to >1.

Talking Re: multi-voice per channel

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    Just a thought: polyphony.

Flute solo is 1. Ensemble flutes are multi (6 I think). Polyphonic in SONAR with this combo, but not if you're sending just to the solo flute. You can also change the polyphony on the solo flute to >1.
    LOL! OMG! I'm so stupid!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: multi-voice per channel

Falcon1,

The polyphony of any instrument can be adjusted to suit your needs. Keep one thing in mind though when adjusting the solo wind instruments: The tongue/slur function of the sustain pedal will be lost with any setting higher than “1.” That’s why it defaults to “1.”

Tom

Go Back to forum