• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Kerry Widens Lead

Share/Bookmark

Kerry Widens Lead

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Polls show Kerry now leading 49% to Bush's 45%. I predict this trend will continue. Let's pray I'm correct.

Re: Kerry Widens Lead

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Polls show Kerry now leading 49% to Bush's 45%. I predict this trend will continue. Let's pray I'm correct.
    You're seriously beating your chest about the smallest poll jump after a party's convention in history?..and with something that is still within the margain of error thus making it still a statistical dead heat?

News Flash! Every candidate gets a poll jump of some sort after their conventions. The fact that this was so small should concern you a little. It basically says to me that people's minds are most already made up anyway...and the few that still have not decided, will most likely do so in November in a small box with a curtain behind them.

Let's pray I'm correct.
    Do you feel God is on your side?

Let me guess...you voted for Dukakis?
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Do you feel God is on your side?
    Like many of the founding fathers, I believe God gave up on us a long time ago.

As for the polls, as excited as I am to see Kerry's numbers rising, I honestly don't take all that much stock in them. I actually think we're looking at a Kerry landslide in November. Too many people are anxious to vote this time around. Even the democratic primaries had a dramatic turn out.

And, as history has shown us, when the turn-out is big, the democrats win. So get used to saying, President Kerry.

Oh, and just to be accurate (I misquoted before), it's a seven point lead 49 to 42 percent, with Nadar grabbing 3 percent. I think we can safely give Nadar's 3 to Kerry (once Nadar drops out or simply fizzles) so that puts him even farther ahead.

But, again, I don't put much stock in polls. Kerry = landslide. Just remember that, last time around, Gore got over 500,000 more votes, and the turn-out wasn't all that great.

And independents are now overwhelmingly leaning toward Kerry. So, like I said, get used to saying, President Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    News Flash! Every candidate gets a poll jump of some sort after their conventions. The fact that this was so small should concern you a little. It basically says to me that people's minds are most already made up anyway...and the few that still have not decided, will most likely do so in November in a small box with a curtain behind them.
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

The jump would have likely been bigger in past years. The major broadcast networks only had three hours of coverage. Cable/PBS covered it, but without the time shift needed here on the West Coast. I wanted to watch it all, but I was hardly able to see any.

The same will happen with the RNC. The Republican bump will also likely be smaller than in years past.

Sure, the conventions are scripted political commercials, but I'm quite unhappy that the broadcasters thought that their reality shows were a better use of our airwaves than the conventions. Let's hope they have better coverage of the debates.

-Jon Fairhurst

NEWSFLASH!! Brian is posting from the trauma ward at the Bellevue Psychiatric facility. Pray for a quick recovery. Maybe GW can help you Brian. he talks to God. God said "Kill 50,000 Iraqis, yeh, heh heh. Uh he said boner."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    NEWSFLASH!! Brian is posting from the trauma ward at the Bellevue Psychiatric facility. Pray for a quick recovery. Maybe GW can help you Brian. he talks to God. God said "Kill 50,000 Iraqis, yeh, heh heh. Uh he said boner."
    LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Oh, and just to be accurate (I misquoted before), it's a seven point lead 49 to 42 percent, with Nadar grabbing 3 percent. I think we can safely give Nadar's 3 to Kerry (once Nadar drops out or simply fizzles) so that puts him even farther ahead.

But, again, I don't put much stock in polls. Kerry = landslide. Just remember that, last time around, Gore got over 500,000 more votes, and the turn-out wasn't all that great.

And independents are now overwhelmingly leaning toward Kerry. So, like I said, get used to saying, President Kerry.
    I must disagree with you assessment here. First of all, unless Nader is going to drop out, those 3 percent aren't going anywhere. Secondly, the reason Kerry didn't get a huge bounce after the convention is precisely because there aren't very many undecideds this year. The 20% of voters that will go either way in an election are mostly already decided, and that 20% is split between Kerry and Bush. I wouldn't expect a landslide either way, though I admire your optomism.

Besides, a lot can happen between now and Nov 2. You can expect a bounce for the Republicans once their convention's over. The debate will have an impact and don't sell Bush short on that (they said Gore was gonna clean Bush's clock, yet audiences came away liking Bush more). Plus, another terrorist attack (God forbid), shifts in the economy and development on the war front could all impact people's votes.

A lot can happen, that's all I'm saying.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix in translated stuper
    NEWSFLASH! I am on da internet. LOL ROTF QWWWWFTR LOL! OMG U R A NUT! [sic][sic] FUN NY?
    You know Nick...there are a lot of decafinated brands out there that are just as tasty as the real thing.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast