• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO: now for webcomics

Share/Bookmark

GPO: now for webcomics

Wow, it has been quite some time since I had the chance to post here. Anyways, I have written some new music for an online comic with GPO and I wanted to get your impression/suggestions:

Green: Episode 3

Green is an online multimedia comic that utilizes flash so you will need the macromedia flash plugin to view the episode (it's 2mb file). The third episode is the first time I have used GPO for the comic.

I've recorded a few other things with GPO, but on this project is when I truly realized just how great GPO is. I am one happy customer!

And just so you know here's my computer setup:

Mac 400mhz G4 with 384MB of ram.

Thanks for your time!

Re: GPO: now for webcomics

Gary,

Very Nicely done. You have discovered, quite nicely, hoe effective GPO can be in a dramatic situation. Keep up the great work.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Boneweasel
    Wow, it has been quite some time since I had the chance to post here. Anyways, I have written some new music for an online comic with GPO and I wanted to get your impression/suggestions:

Green: Episode 3

Green is an online multimedia comic that utilizes flash so you will need the macromedia flash plugin to view the episode (it's 2mb file). The third episode is the first time I have used GPO for the comic.

I've recorded a few other things with GPO, but on this project is when I truly realized just how great GPO is. I am one happy customer!

And just so you know here's my computer setup:

Mac 400mhz G4 with 384MB of ram.

Thanks for your time!
    Hey Boneweasel

WOW - that IS impressive. You captured the mood of the comic very well with that music - (or should I say, you created that mood?) I noticed some instruments other than GPO in there. What, in addition to the GPO, do you use? As a fellow Mac user, I would really like to know how your setup is.

Thanks for sharing this!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    I noticed some instruments other than GPO in there. What, in addition to the GPO, do you use?

The only other instrument I used other than GPO is an electronic patch from a Roland JV-1080 (the patch is velo-techno).

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    As a fellow Mac user, I would really like to know how your setup is.
    One thing I didn't mention was that I use DP4. Is there anything specific that you would like to know?

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

!!woW ecin yrev -
    Styxx

Hi Gary. This is really great stuff. You compose stuff that will go very well with playstation games! (sorry, but I'm a 45 yr old games junky when I'm not making music)

Keep this up.

Absolutely, Booldy fantastic. My 27yr old son agreed.....and he was (is!......if he had the time! ) a video game person. I think it appealed to his 'Manga' side.....he appreciated the ending.......but HELL.....so did I!!!

Frank

Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Boneweasel
    The only other instrument I used other than GPO is an electronic patch from a Roland JV-1080 (the patch is velo-techno).

One thing I didn't mention was that I use DP4. Is there anything specific that you would like to know?

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!
    Hey Boneweasel,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Actually, i was wondering if you were able to keep your sample rate and buffer size at default with the hardware you have.
    I have a faster mac with more ram and have to do that. The only way i can see of NOT having to do that would be to record each track as an AUDIO track in DP, rather than as midi tracks playing from DP through the GPO Studio.
    What did you do?

Thanks again for replying - i am curious to know how other Mac users get the results they do.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Boneweasel,

This was most thrilling and entertaining. What a great job you have done. The music fits the comic book scenes perfectly from beginning to end. I never experienced a online multimedia comic before and the music matched perfectly what's being read. What a cool experience!

Thank you very much for posting this. It's great seeing GPO used in innovative ways. I hope you don't mind if I link to this on the GPO Demo page.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast