• Register
  • Help

Topic: audio capture in wrong temp0

Share/Bookmark

audio capture in wrong temp0

hello...im using gstudio 2.5 with cubase 5.0 in windows XP.
    after i do the audio capture with gs the wave file seems to have slighty another tempo than the midi if i play them both at the same time...i import it into cubase that is to say...
    this is a very big problem for me...anyone has a tip?

sincerely
    /oscar

Re: audio capture in wrong temp0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lo-kut:
    hello...im using gstudio 2.5 with cubase 5.0 in windows XP.
    after i do the audio capture with gs the wave file seems to have slighty another tempo than the midi if i play them both at the same time...i import it into cubase that is to say...
    this is a very big problem for me...anyone has a tip?

sincerely
    /oscar
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a mismatch of sampling frequency, 44.1 vs 48.
    If you record at the first and play back at the second you will experience a slight increase in tempo.

hmm...actually, i dont think its that....the difference would be greater (i think..havent checked yet)..
    in the beginning of a song thats like 3 min or something it sounds synced, but after a while it gets more and more out of sync...but its not that fast...

I have also noticed this phenomenon with my relatively slow P3-550 768 mb machine.
    My idea is that the sequencer (Logic for me) can play the captured wave file correctly at the right pace (via low level Windows API functions), but, anything that can cause a short high CPU load will lead to a very small delay in the Midi outputting process. For a small number of measures (8-16 e.g.) this is not a problem, but trying to sync entire audio-tracks with their Midi cousins never works on my system.
    BTW, I run Gst along with Logic, so with lots of simultaneous voices both sampler and sequencer are really competing for the CPU.

Peter

the thing is i dont get this in win98 with the same stuff...the sync is perfect..
    but i dont want to use win98 because everything (except this) works a lot better in winXP..

my computer by the way is an AMP 1.44 ghz, 512 mb ram with audiophile 24 96...

I\'ve run into this issue in Cakewalk/Sonar when I had the wrong sound card setup as the timing master under your audio options (I have 2 soundcards in my system). I don\'t know if your sequencer has an option like this but it has to have some options for synchronizing between different sources.

is there some special options i should set in the sync option in cubase...? or could it be the buffer settings on my audiophile...?

hmmm

Go Back to forum