• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Not a bit ironic, nope, couldn't be...

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Not a bit ironic, nope, couldn't be...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Anyone besides me just completely disgusted with the new "terror alert?"

Couldn't be politically expedient, could it? I've never seen an administration so desperate to trade on fear.

I cracked up totally to see the polls on whether Fear Czar Ridge should be paid more than $175,000 a year. Why should he? All he does is wait until the Democrats are enjoying a bit too much air time, and let loose with another unspecified threat. I see they've made some banks outside New York "orange." Woopee!!! Wolf, Wolf!!!

Re: Not a bit ironic, nope, couldn't be...

I'm never sure what to think about these. Sure, such alerts could be used to manipulate the population, but at the same time, they would be criticized if something really did happen and no alert was given. It all comes down to whether the alerts are phony or not. And I'm not in a position to say whether they are or are not.

What I can say is this:

1 - There is plenty good reason to be on "alert". Our enemies are many, and they are constantly probing our weaknesses and I fully believe they intend even larger attacks than we experienced on 9/11.

2 - Our government, on some critical levels, has displayed very little concern for preventing terrorist attacks and for punishing ALL of those responsible for carrying them out. I cite the OKC Bombing and 9/11 as examples.

So between these two items, it's not looking good for us. Especially when our choices for chief executive are both Skull and Bones brothers who will be sure to carry on the tradition of secrecy, cover-up, and collusion.

This article describes the intelligence gathered that prompted these alerts. It should also be stated that NY has never been under Orange since 9/11 so nothing's changed there.

This substantiates the idea that Bush is at the mercy of gotcha journalism. If he gives alerts, he's just playing politics, if he doesn't and something happens, he's asleep at the wheel. It's an unfortunate spot to be in.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    This substantiates the idea that Bush is at the mercy of gotcha journalism. If he gives alerts, he's just playing politics, if he doesn't and something happens, he's asleep at the wheel. It's an unfortunate spot to be in.
    If his leadership were unassailably brilliant, there'd be no discussion. It's a "gotcha" of Mr. Bush's own making.

Then come on up to NYC..and hang out. Bring the kids.

I double dog dare you.

Seriously, we've been living under this since 9/11. It comes and goes as far as the intensity and activity you see on the street. When's the last time you went to work, had 20 guys with machine guns and full body armor, snipers on the roof..etc..and barricades and had to walk through armed check points..and show ID..JUST to get in the building where you work?

It happens here sporadically. Then there's always the fun of riding home on the train next to someone...wearing a backback..who starts mumbling to themsevles rocking back and forth. Or hearing a jet coming in real low over your building. The fun just never ends! Or just the fun of being in one of these things...walking in NYC and seeing a big delivery truck..heading for the curb next to your building. Just make sure you know where all the exits are. And pray they aren't locked for "security" reasons.

And funny thing is...we get the same amount of fed dollars every other state gets..to pay for all this. (which..as you can see..doesnt' even "begin" to cover it). Maybe we can get Hillary to go fight for us..on that. H-i-l-l-a-r-y......(echo). Where aaaAREEEeee yooouuu?

Banned

After blind agression, blind Justice.

USA and Israel are not the only nations that have the right to protect themselves.

Ah,
    Our friends from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rivard
    After blind agression, blind Justice.

USA and Israel are not the only nations that have the right to protect themselves.
    And your point is what?

Banned

The point is that you can't expect the world to show the other cheek forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rivard
    The point is that you can't expect the world to show the other cheek forever...
    Perhaps a better point is that post 9-11, we will not turn our cheek to those that wish us ill.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast