• Register
  • Help

Topic: Debussy's Clair De Lune by Yu Nakamichi

Orcas Island

Debussy's Clair De Lune by Yu Nakamichi

Yu Nakajima has done a second work with GPO: Debussy's Clair De Lune

Yu originally did this with Roland Sound Canvas and reworked the piece for GPO. Here is the original SC MIDI file if anyone else wants to make a go at this.

This is a work in progress and any comments will be forward to Yu Nakamichi for his next revision.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Debussy's Clair De Lune by Yu Nakamichi

very nice and well done!
    I would fix the parts when the strings repeats the same notes because it seems mechanic, really different from the rest of the piece when the mix and the instruments are very realistic.
    Very nice work. I'm downloading it

West Seneca, NY

Re: Debussy's Clair De Lune by Yu Nakamichi

Wow! Very sweet indeed! Nice string voicing!
    I have the Victor Borgan rendition on floppy for my Roland system. I think it is titled Clair De June?

Man, I Love Debussy's chords and progressions! What a great piece of music.
    I have to agree, the strings machine gun effect is the weakness in this rendition, but the piece flows very nice. Often times I overlap the strings' notes to each other in a sequencer, and this covers up the gap between repeated notes. Your balance of instruments is great! I enjoyed listening. What a beautiful piece of music.

UK- teeming with life....

Great start Yu. You need to vary everything though. Note start times, lengths, velocities both within and at phrase level. The point re overlapping notes is also relevant. Take a copy of the piece and mess around with this and you will hear the difference. Listen to Nicole's Tchaikovsky and look at the variation in her screen dump of the horns. GPO has these terrific variation CC's (Tom's not all bad!! ) and these make a huge difference......I used to have to do all this the hard way!!!

As I noted in a recent post.....after you've entered your notes, make another track with the same MIDI channel (as the track you want to influence) and record your CCs separately.....unrealistic to do it all at the same time IM (very)HO. Mute the runs you don't like. When you achieve the result you are after you can merge the tracks if you wish.

It's a superb start though.

PS, Gary if you dould get just 1% of the Far Eastern market, you'd be able to retire to the Orcas Islands!! It must be very gratifying to have such widespread use of your product. Time to translate the programme and manual into Chinese and Japanese?

Very NICE orchestration!

But I would have to agree with the above statements about varying things to make it more realistic. Hardy's suggestions are worthy of attempting.

Thanks for sharing!

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Here is the original SC MIDI file if anyone else wants to make a go at this.
    I used this to do my first real project in GPO.
    Here it is!

Go Back to forum