• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free PDF creator

Share/Bookmark

Free PDF creator

For anyone who is in the spirit of sharing their scores, I found a great free PDF creator. The program installs itself as a printer, then, in any program you can print from, you just select the program and . . . poof! . . . a free PDF! It's awesome, it's free! Here's the link:

http://www.primopdf.com

It works great, I've tried it with Overture SE. I hope it will encourage the sharing of scores!

Re: Free PDF creator

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    For anyone who is in the spirit of sharing their scores, I found a great free PDF creator. The program installs itself as a printer, then, in any program you can print from, you just select the program and . . . poof! . . . a free PDF! It's awesome, it's free! Here's the link:

http://www.primopdf.com

It works great, I've tried it with Overture SE. I hope it will encourage the sharing of scores!
    Thanks Sean! I also share that hope - It is always nice to look at the score while listening to the wonderful music here. It helps me learn a lot about how things were done and how I can improve my own approach to the GPO and orchestration in general.

Thanks for posting this!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Mac OS X users, in case you haven't discovered this feature yet, you can print to PDF from any application - it's built into the OS...just Cmd-P to print and then click the "Save as PDF..." button at the bottom of the print dialog.

This looks excellent! Thanks, I'll have to download this later. Dial up is such a pain in the ...!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    This looks excellent! Thanks, I'll have to download this later. Dial up is such a pain in the ...!
    Primo is a fast download. Very neat program. I got it a week or so ago, use it with Sibelius.

Thumbs up Re: Free PDF creator

WOW! There's more than one way to skin an Adobe and their $299 PDF encoder. I just downloaded and installed and did my first test with a score from Cubase SX (2) -- looks great! What a terrific find. (My only complaint is that the dialog box for the "print" process centers itself on the screen with no title bar so it cannot be moved. This is difficult to read when spread on a 2-screen or 4-screen display.)

What a find!

KevinKauai

Primo PDF looks great, if I could dump my Adobe Acrobat monster I'd love to - I have a question though. I was reading Primo's forum and it seems there are printout size issues. Have you been able to print to legal and tabloid sizes (8x14 and 11x17)? All info appreciated.

I've been using this for a while. It is great; just occasionally it can be frustrating trying to get things to fit on the page, since it doesn't have many settings you can alter. For instance, sometimes when printing something that's landscape to Primo, the PDF will nonetheless be in potrait, and the document will be cut off at the edge of the page. Sometimes it doesn't happen. But when it's being predictable it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    Primo PDF looks great, if I could dump my Adobe Acrobat monster I'd love to - I have a question though. I was reading Primo's forum and it seems there are printout size issues. Have you been able to print to legal and tabloid sizes (8x14 and 11x17)? All info appreciated.
    Yes. After you select PrimoPDF as your printer, hit "preferences" before you print. There's a little "Advanced" button in the bottom right corner which will pop up a box that allows you to customize the paper size and a few other things, like print quality.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks Sean and Pingu! I'll give it a shot!

Go Back to forum