Topic: "Piano 222"

Share/Bookmark

"Piano 222"

This is my "Piano 222":

http://www.alexandermusic.com/musicfiles1/Piano222.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: "Piano 222"

Hey Larry! This is cool! I like the rhythmic placements throughout the piece in the pianie manie! Very cool indeed I place this one in my repertoire.
    Thanks for posting.
    Styxx

Re: "Piano 222"

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey Larry! This is cool! I like the rhythmic placements throughout the piece in the pianie manie! Very cool indeed I place this one in my repertoire.
    Thanks for posting.
    Thank you. Thank you very much.

Elvis has left the building.

Larry A.

Really clever Larry. I love the mixture of 'classical' and syncopated ragtime! Parts of it remind me of a Beethoven Sonata which I came across during my (limited) studies. This Sonata reminded me of some of Ragtime pieces.....I actually wondered, at the time, whether Joplin spotted these ideas and took it further.

To be perfectly honest (because I like you ) I love the composition and with more dynamics and tweaking (and using GPO) this would sound amazing. It's the sort of piece I would like to have a go at when I get going!! (Yawn )

I never know what you're going to do next. You're stuff's unique!

Regards

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Really clever Larry. I love the mixture of 'classical' and syncopated ragtime! Parts of it remind me of a Beethoven Sonata which I came across during my (limited) studies. This Sonata reminded me of some of Ragtime pieces.....I actually wondered, at the time, whether Joplin spotted these ideas and took it further.

To be perfectly honest (because I like you ) I love the composition and with more dynamics and tweaking (and using GPO) this would sound amazing. It's the sort of piece I would like to have a go at when I get going!! (Yawn )

I never know what you're going to do next. You're stuff's unique!

Regards

Frank
    I appreciate your comments, Frank. Thanky, thanky!

Regards,

Larry A.

As ever, lovely stuff composition-wise. But it sounds like you just click in all the notes at the same velocity and don't ride the mod wheel for the strings or anything. Do you play it in or use a mouse? The end result is very synthy and that's a shame. If you're just posting here to get feedback on the composition, then that's a cool piece. But it sounds so fakey, you may as well have not bought GPO and just done it on GM or soundfonts.

I like your stuff I just wish you'd do yourself justice! Play about with the velocity, mod lane and tempo. Make it sound real.
    "A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of unsuspecting musicians"

Go Back to forum