• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Right Exposes Major Lie in Fahrenheit 9/11

Share/Bookmark

Right Exposes Major Lie in Fahrenheit 9/11

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well, it looks like Michael Moore is going to have to apologize to the American people. Turns out those truthseekers on the right have ferreted out a MAJOR lie in Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore says that on the day Bush was told "The U.S. is under attack," he sat there for at least a full seven minutes doing nothing, saying nothing, stunned into complete and utter immobility while a classroom full of kids read My Pet Goat.

But Moore got it wrong. The book is called THE Pet Goat.

Re: Right Exposes Major Lie in Fahrenheit 9/11

I knew something was wrong. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Can you say "straw man"?

I knew you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    Can you say "straw man"?

I knew you could.
    Is that MY straw man or THE straw man. I want to be accurate.

Related to this, I was pretty upset about Moore on Bill Mahr's show.

The thing is I generally like Bill Mahr. He's definitely liberal, but I've always thought that he was honest, and I think he generally still is. However, Moore and Mahr went on for a good 10 minutes trying to get the Republican guest to admit that Bush was irresponsible for sitting there for 7 minutes. The entire premise of their argument revolved around the supposition that what the SS agent told the president was "We are under attack". And they chanted this mantra "we are under attack", "the country is under attack", "while the country is under attack" over and over.

Bush was never told the country was under attack though. The only fact known to Bush during those 7 minutes was "a plane crashed into the World Trade Center". Nobody understood that it was a terrorist attack until the 2nd plane hit. Again, why can't liberals make good cases against Bush? There's plenty of legitimate reasons to be skeptical of Bush's ability to command, yet they continue to use these dishonest and deceptive tactics.

As Rob stated, fear is control, so I'm left to suspect that all of these misrepresentations are only valuable for their ability to strike fear into the illiterate and ignorant.

Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

So you are saying that when the agent approached and whispered to Bush during the class that he did not say "we are under attack" or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    Related to this, I was pretty upset about Moore on Bill Mahr's show.

The thing is I generally like Bill Mahr. He's definitely liberal, but I've always thought that he was honest, and I think he generally still is. However, Moore and Mahr went on for a good 10 minutes trying to get the Republican guest to admit that Bush was irresponsible for sitting there for 7 minutes. The entire premise of their argument revolved around the supposition that what the SS agent told the president was "We are under attack". And they chanted this mantra "we are under attack", "the country is under attack", "while the country is under attack" over and over.

Bush was never told the country was under attack though. The only fact known to Bush during those 7 minutes was "a plane crashed into the World Trade Center". Nobody understood that it was a terrorist attack until the 2nd plane hit. Again, why can't liberals make good cases against Bush? There's plenty of legitimate reasons to be skeptical of Bush's ability to command, yet they continue to use these dishonest and deceptive tactics.

As Rob stated, fear is control, so I'm left to suspect that all of these misrepresentations are only valuable for their ability to strike fear into the illiterate and ignorant.

It has been admitted and never refuted by the administration that the agent said, "the second tower has been hit, we are under attack." Please show otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I've got news for you, Frog. By all accounts, Bush was told about the FIRST plane BEFORE he went into the classroom. Andrew Card told him about the SECOND plane.

From the Wall Street Journal: "Then, White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card strode into the classroom, leaned down and whispered in the president's ear, 'A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack,' Mr. Card has recounted."

Puts a different spin on things all of a sudden, doesn't it? You can apologize anytime you like.

I apologize.

I offer a complete retraction of my entire commentary regarding the 7 minute fiasco.

I am an arrogant bastard, a propagandist, an uninformed and immoral, putrid and vile stinking vestige of a soul whos only purpose left is as a tool of the right wing conspiracy.

I shall never expect to be received with anything but utter contempt and hostility from now foreward (not that it's much of a change) but ask for all the kind men and women to show mercy on this lost mortal, that I may learn to someday be enlightened unto the glory of world peace, universal health care, elimination of guns and therefore violence, i.e, the perfect society.

I shall now retire to my test tube.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Well, it looks like Michael Moore is going to have to apologize to the American people. Turns out those truthseekers on the right have ferreted out a MAJOR lie in Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore says that on the day Bush was told "The U.S. is under attack," he sat there for at least a full seven minutes doing nothing, saying nothing, stunned into complete and utter immobility while a classroom full of kids read My Pet Goat.

But Moore got it wrong. The book is called THE Pet Goat.
    *Chuckle

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast