• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Michael Moore, telling it like it isn't

Share/Bookmark

Michael Moore, telling it like it isn't

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Alas, we find yet another instance of Moore playing fast and loose to give his audience the impression he wants, regardless of the ethical considerations. I guess the ends justify the means?:

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/07...40730034.shtml

Re: Michael Moore, telling it like it isn't

I read about this the other day. Unfortunately, the truth doesn't seem to be a guiding light in this political climate, so it doesn't matter how deceptive Michael Moore is. People agree with his opinions and so they'll defend him to the end, no matter how many lies he spins.

His supporters seem oblivious that if Michael Moore's opinions had validity, he wouldn't have to misrepresent the facts. Why couldn't he produce a convincing film without using photoshopped headlines?
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    Alas, we find yet another instance of Moore playing fast and loose to give his audience the impression he wants, regardless of the ethical considerations. I guess the ends justify the means?:

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/07...40730034.shtml
    Oh, man, is this the BEST you've got? Conservatives are really desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Oh, man, is this the BEST you've got? Conservatives are really desperate.
    No, Michael Moore is desperate for having to Photoshop headlines. The truth is, he couldn't find any headline in any paper across the country that said "Gore Would Have Won The Election", because there were none. So, he uses a letter to the editor, written by a reader, and photoshops it to appear like a headline. I think that more cleary exemplifies desperation, as opposed to pointing out the deception on an online forum.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Frog is right on, but to answer your question directly, no, it isn't the best we have. There much, much more on Moore that is far more damning. And last we talked about it, you still haven't seen any of his other films. So you're not really all that qualified to talk about Moore. Believe me, Moore is thoroughly dishonest form the largest assertion down to the smallest detail. There is truth mixed in to make things more believable, but the overall message he tries to convey is wrong.

I think Bowling was probably the worst of his films in terms of sheer disrespect for the truth and for his audience's intelligence. If you want to know why I don't like Moore, go see that flick.

Honestly, it is a little misleading to make a regular sentence look like a headline. Still the meaning is the same. And truthfully, any in depth study shows that Gore won Florida. Many of us find this outrageous still. Moore is trying to make a point quickly and didn't have alot to work with from the right wing media. All of these refutations of F 911 add up to a big ZERO. Brady, you must be the most stubborn person on Earth. Why don't you just admit that you and Moore are quite similar? You are letting the gun issue rule your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    And truthfully, any in depth study shows that Gore won Florida.
    Ever study that counted legal votes declared Bush the winner...none of them proved Gore won.

Why were they so chickensh*t to do a re-count. Florida state law required it.

If you win and feel confident that you won, why refuse a re-count.

If the Bush camp would have felt from the recount there was funny business going on, then take it to the courts.

The whole thing just stunk and felt cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Why were they so chickensh*t to do a re-count. Florida state law required it.

If you win and feel confident that you won, why refuse a re-count.

If the Bush camp would have felt from the recount there was funny business going on, then take it to the courts.

The whole thing just stunk and felt cowardly.
    You're right...they should have done a complete recount. Hopefully if there is a "next time" (and I hope there isn't), they will have standardized the recount process.

To answer your question about "If you win and feel confident that you won, why refuse a re-count", the lawyers that handle recounts for every election will tell you to quit when you're ahead...probably the main reason why Gore only wanted to recount 4 heavily democratic counties...he could get ahead, quit, and proclaim himself the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Ever study that counted legal votes declared Bush the winner...none of them proved Gore won.
    From what I recall, had the entire state have been recounted, Gore would have won. Had only the counties that Gore requested recounts in been recounted, Bush still wins.

Of course, had the voting rolls not been purged of "suspected" felons, Gore would have likely won by thousands of votes. The NAACP sued the state over this, and the state settled, but no action was required until after the 2002 mid-term elections.

Here it is 2004, and Florida is up to it's old tricks again.

-Jon Fairhurst

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast