- first make sure you are have selected the right programme in the programme list
- on the sound page select the "MOD" blue buttons at the top and on the left.
- make sure no modulation is set-up for the time being.
- use these settings on the left panel:
Dest = Volume
Source = Mod Wheel (1), or Pitch Wheel(1)
Amount = 100
- use these settings on the right panel (it should show Mod. Wheel (1))
Offsett = -100 *
Range = 100
* The minus sign is important when trying to use controllers that have negative as well as a positive range such as Pitch Wheel, otherwise you'll only get half the available range (i.e mf to ff as opposed to off to ff)
Once you're happy with your settings, save them as a preset by entering a name in the box at the top right hand-side that says "default", and pressing the "+" sign next to it to store it.
JC is right, as long as you're in "ALL" mode, the whole patch should be affected and work with pitch bend->volume for instance. However if part of your patch is in "raw" or "drum" mode then the routing from pitch->volume will be bypassed and revert to plain old pitch-bend.