• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Piano Demo

Out of my Mind

GPO Piano Demo

Hi Folks!

Being the rather oblivious to the obvious that I sometimes am, I just last night discovered that the GPO piano is chromatically sampled! Wow! We get so much cool stuff with GPO!

Here is a little demo that I did a while back - now using the GPO piano:

(4.5 meg DL)

(Sorry, I am an old jazz/fusion, rock head, classical wannabe...I'm working on the classical bit)

I recorded it dry and no eq or processing on anything (except the bass solo reverb). I am curious: I program quite a bit of stuff in the full Kontakt. It may be possible to add some sympathetic resonance and other fun stuff to this piano. I’ll have to see what parameters are supported by the Kontakt Player to be sure it would even work, but would any of you be interested in having a patch that sacrifices some polyphony and system resources for such a piano?

Brian (2112)
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: GPO Piano Demo

Man, this is the stuff. You must be on the same wavelength as I am. This is music. Made me want to move.

I agree! This is very well done. I think that the GPO piano is one of those little treasures you overlook until you hear something like this!

Thank You VERY much for sharing.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

That sounds awesome .I didn't even know that gpo had a piano untill now
    Good work
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Thumbs up Re: GPO Piano Demo

What a sweet tune, Brian!

So the only GPO instrument is the piano? Will you divulge what the other components are? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Is there another version to compare this to? (I always find A-B listening to be very helpful !)

Really nice, tun, guy! Wish I’d written it!

Cheers --- KevinKauai

P.S. How can you tell that the piano is "chromatically sampled"? Am I missing something where the Kontakt player gives up that info?

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: GPO Piano Demo

It's kind of sad that pieces such as this one are not main streamed for the majority of the world to hear. Maybe I am wrong but this Demo was a delightful change with its up-tempo beat and flavorful piano melody.
    Excellent work of art! This uplifted me greatly this morning. Thanks for sharing.

UK- teeming with life....

Brian, that's very authentic sounding.....could be the real thing! Good production too.

Orcas Island

An excellent composition. Very uplifting and great music to start the day with. Must have listened to it a dozen times. Keep up the great music.

Thanks for posting this,

Gary Garritan

"P.S. How can you tell that the piano is "chromatically sampled"? Am I missing something where the Kontakt player gives up that info?"

The mapping can be observed in the full version of Kontakt. The main piano is primarily chromatically sampled. I say "primarily" because a few notes from the original chromatically sampled session have been eliminated due to one problem or another. That's part of the development process - come up with the best-sounding compromises.

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Smile Re: GPO Piano Demo

Ah. Thanks for that info, Tom. I was afraid I was missing something by not recognizing that I should be able to tell how many samples are part of a particular instrument.

I only have the Kontakt player and didn’t see anything which would tell me anything about samples.

I have recently updated to HALion 3 (the “other” softSampler besides Giga and Kontakt) and in that version they show the samples which “cover” spans of notes (or single notes) by alternating a brown/blue strip of colors just above the representation of the keyboard. So one can see if a sample covers a single half-tone or more of a spread. Interesting.

Ya learn somethin every day! (Or you hope you do!)

Cheers … KevinKauai

(P.S. Brian – I’m still interested in what other instruments were part of your terrific song!)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast