• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please post file size!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Please post file size!

Hi all, I want to request that people include information about file size of their mp3 files which they post. Not all have luxury of high-speed internet or unlimited download quota. For example, in Iceland we buy for example 1gb download quota (per month) and then pay 0.04$ for every mb over that quota.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Please post file size!

Hehe!

Good Idea! I just did in post below..lol

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Hi Falcon,

That is a great idea. I know the frustration too. While at work, I do have access to high speed (I do bring my Powerbook with me,so that is nice - I get to keep the great music I hear on the forum and take it with me). But at home - I have very SLOW dial-up speeds.

Thanks again!

Jerry

PS - whoa! I have posted 100 comments and they give me "senior" member status? WOW - they let ANYONE have that, huh? ha ha.
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Let's see...I have a couple of files here. Which one do you need? I have a 12", 9", and a 6", and a small fingernail file. Oh, wait...sorry, I see what you mean.
    Styxx

Exclamation Re: Please post file size!

When I post my stuff on my "Preview Page" (here: http://kevintweedy.net/Preview/MusicPreview.htm ) I always put up a 160 K MP3 and a 56K WMA (for dial-up folk). In my experience, there is roughly a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio (i.e., MP3 at 5 Meg and WMA at about 1.25 Meg or less).

What a horrid restriction to be bandwidth-limited by your ISP! Revolt! Banish the bandwidth/download tyranny!

fwiw ... KevinKauai

P.S. I just ran a DSL "speed test" and I'm getting 647K (down) and 141K (up) per second -- all this for about $30 per month! Don't settle for less! Join the ranks of the militant consumers!

I have to brag!! I'm getting an amazing 1056 kbps download and 174 kbps upload on my ADSL at home, and that for US$35 a month with NO restrictions. What a pleasure! A 10mb file downloads in less than a minute...

Angry Re: Please post file size!

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I have to brag!! I'm getting an amazing 1056 kbps download and 174 kbps upload on my ADSL at home, and that for US$35 a month with NO restrictions. What a pleasure! A 10mb file downloads in less than a minute...
    Damn, you're so lucky!

I'm sorry to say that revolting something doesn't seem to be in Icelanders nature. People hardly go into the streets to protest, even though the issue is big like the war in Iraq or free speach in Iceland.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Let's see...I have a couple of files here. Which one do you need? I have a 12", 9", and a 6", and a small fingernail file. Oh, wait...sorry, I see what you mean.
    Do you have a bastard amongst your selection?

Frank

Go Back to forum