• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Allegro con brio for violin and piano

Share/Bookmark

Allegro con brio for violin and piano

Hi all!

I want to post a piece for violin and piano. I wrote it, because I wanted to try GPO. A friend of me owns GPO already and he was so nice to let me play around with it.
    GPO is really easy to handle and sounds very good, so I´m sure I will purchase it soon

So here´s the link:

www.mimesc.com/music/Allegroconbrio_low.mp3

What do you think?

PS:
    I did another version with less reverb, more bass and less high and middle frequencies. Maybe that sounds better now.

www.mimesc.com/music/Allegroconbrio_low_neu.mp3

Best,
    Michael

Re: Allegro con brio for violin and piano

Quote Originally Posted by MCS
    Hi all!

I want to post a piece for violin and piano. I wrote it, because I wanted to try GPO. A friend of me owns GPO already and he was so nice to let me play around with it.
    GPO is really easy to handle and sounds very good, so I´m sure I will purchase it soon

So here´s the link:

www.mimesc.com/music/Allegroconbrio_low.mp3

What do you think?

Best,
    Michael
    Violin and piano isn't one of my favourite instrument mixes (not a marriage made in heaven IM(very)HO, a bit like strawberries and cream...but replacing the cream with kerozene ) but I have listened to some pieces like this over the years.

I think you have made a remarkable effort at programming the violin and most of the time it sounds very authentic indeed.....If you have just done this on the side, using your friends GPO, it is even more amazing! Great composition too. Did you do much MIDI tweaking in a piano roll editor and use all the CC's ....sure sounds like it!

"What do you think?" What do I think?....I think you deserve your own registered copy of GPO.

Frank

Hi!

Thanks for your repy.

"Did you do much MIDI tweaking in a piano roll editor and use all the CC's ....sure sounds like it!"

no I didn´t. Only just a few envelope - tweaking in the violinpart. I didn´t have time for more.
    I did another version with less reverb, more bass and less high and middle frequencies. Maybe that sounds better now.

"What do you think?" What do I think?....I think you deserve your own registered copy of GPO.
    Absolutely Frank I agree! This guy rocks!

MCS, This is a great piece of work you have here! Unlike Frank, I rather enjoy Violin and Piano together. Excellent and yes you should get your own copy of GPO right away!
    Very nice piano especially.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Absolutely Frank I agree! This guy rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx

MCS, This is a great piece of work you have here! Unlike Frank, I rather enjoy Violin and Piano together. Excellent and yes you should get your own copy of GPO right away!
    Very nice piano especially.

OK Sal, You asked for it!! Pistols at dawn then.....

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern

OK Sal, You asked for it!! Pistols at dawn then.....

Frank
    uh oh! Run away! Run Away!
    Styxx

Frank who?

MCS,

This was a real pleasure to listen to your "Allegro con brio. Excellent work!

You are quite the virtuoso and did a fantastic job with the violin. Are you a violinist by anyu chance? You seem to have a command of the nuances of the instrument.

It's great that you posted several versions. It may be interesting to hear a string orchestra arrangement (using ensemble building) perhaps in lieu of the piano.

Would you mind if this is included on the GPO demo page?
    Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Thank you Gary!

Yes I´m a violinist. And I have to say, that it was not so difficult with GPO to achieve a good violine - line
    Of course there are some parts which have to be revised, but as I wrote in my first post, I had not much time to do this performance, because it´s not my copy of GPO. (But as soon as I can afford it, it will be mine!! )

"t's great that you posted several versions. It may be interesting to hear a string orchestra arrangement (using ensemble building) perhaps in lieu of the piano."

Actually I tried to write this piece for orchestra, but I wasn´t satisfied with my arrangement, so I decided to write it for string - orchestra, but there was the lack of time, so it become a Allegro for piano and violin
    I don´t know anything about the ensemble building, but as soon I can purchase it, I can do a arrangement for string orchestra, of course.
    Maybe I will also write two additional movements for a full sonata.....

Feel free to post it on the demo - page.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS
    Hi!

Thanks for your repy.

"Did you do much MIDI tweaking in a piano roll editor and use all the CC's ....sure sounds like it!"

no I didn´t. Only just a few envelope - tweaking in the violinpart. I didn´t have time for more.

Ahaa!! I might have guessed that you were a violinist.....there had to be some reason!! I just listened to the new version.....still impressed and the 'harmonica' bits have gone. The whole piece does sound extraordinarily real to my uneducated ears.....and here and there it is brilliantly realistic. When you get your own copy I would love to hear it again with a little MIDI tweaking. Any chance of publishing the MIDI file.

It's still not too late to enter Gary's 'Get your composition played by a Real Orchestra' competition!!!

Frank

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from you.....

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast