• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubasis Request: What book do you recommend?

Share/Bookmark

Cubasis Request: What book do you recommend?

I'm looking to purchase a book to learn Cubasis. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, if I purchased a book specifically written for Cubase, would it be sufficiently close to Cubasis for newbie/introductory purposes?

Thanks!

Re: Cubasis Request: What book do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    I'm looking to purchase a book to learn Cubasis. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, if I purchased a book specifically written for Cubase, would it be sufficiently close to Cubasis for newbie/introductory purposes?

Thanks!
    Hey imagegod,

If you have Cubasis installed go to the HELP menu and check out the TUTORIAL SONG, it's a great introduction.

About a Cubasis book:
    If you have a PC, go to the START menu, ALL PROGRAMS, Steinberg Cubasis VST folder, and there you will find: Cubasis Operation Manual.

It's a 366 pages PDF manual for Cubasis so who needs a book !!!

NDEE

Dude, many thanks! This forum always comes through.

Gary: When/if you ever advertise, you should include this forum as a unique benefit. In fact, it's one of the reasons I made the purchase. And I'm glad I did.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    Dude, many thanks! This forum always comes through.

Gary: When/if you ever advertise, you should include this forum as a unique benefit. In fact, it's one of the reasons I made the purchase. And I'm glad I did.

Thanks all!
    Thanks imagegod,

The people on this forum are a treasure. I'm glad you're a part.

To learn more about Cubasis go to the GPO-Cubasis Resource page where you'll find a tutorial, Cubasis files and other helpful info. http://www.garritan.com/GPO-CubasisPage.html

There are many good Cubase books and they work similarly to Cubasis. You may eventually graduate up to Cubase as you learn more about sequencing.

Gary Garritan

Thanks Mr. G (can I call you Mr. G?) for the reply and suggestion. It's so gratifying having feedback; especially directly from a business owner!

Do you know how grateful your are when you put on Beethoven and you wonder how the world could exist without something so beautiful? You put on the 9th and you weep with gratitude...with thanks...with joy.

Well, someday that will be my thanks to you (and the rest of the world)...I want to create music just that beautiful.

Your passion and interest are to be gratefully applauded.

Cubasis is based on the Cubase VST engine. That's a whole different animal from the current cubase SX, SL or SE. If you're using a cubase book make sure its Cubase VST.
    Cubasis is a pretty good sequencer for using with GPO, but it's not all bells and whistles. If you read the helpfile and muck about with it for a few weeks you'll know most of what there is to know. The only real tricks and skills are the ones that go with any sequencer. Panning, eq, fx, automation etc. You can learn about these from a book on recording techinques. If you're stuck you can always post a question here.
    "A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of unsuspecting musicians"

Thanks again. As a computer-music newbie, your replies are all thoroughly welcome and appreciated. I'm looking forward to the day when I can not only help other newbies, but can contribute some amazing GPO-inspired music.

Thanks!

Go Back to forum