• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio in DP4

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio in DP4

Here's another quandry: It's there! GPO Studio is there in DP4, and I can use it to play back my files! But! I can't record anything because there is no way to control the audio outputs. Is there any thought or discussion to making this possible? The only reason why I ask, is now that I have an orchestra of instruments saved in a convenient easy-to-load package, if I want to record the file in DP, I have to add instrument tracks and reload the patches all over again. I know. Boo fricken hoo. But I want an oompa loompa right now! Okay, rant is over.

Re: GPO Studio in DP4

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Here's another quandry: It's there! GPO Studio is there in DP4, and I can use it to play back my files! But! I can't record anything because there is no way to control the audio outputs. Is there any thought or discussion to making this possible? The only reason why I ask, is now that I have an orchestra of instruments saved in a convenient easy-to-load package, if I want to record the file in DP, I have to add instrument tracks and reload the patches all over again. I know. Boo fricken hoo. But I want an oompa loompa right now! Okay, rant is over.
    You can use Jack Tools to route audio between any OS X applications or devices. Make sure you read the documentation first, it's a little unintuitive to configure the first time.

http://www.jackosx.com/

In the future, set up a DP template file (or several) with your GPO instruments loaded and MIDI tracks configured the way you want. I suspect that you'll get better overall performance with GPO running within DP rather than GPO Studio. DP4 has a Document Templates folder located at <userr>/Library/Preferences/Digital Performer/, it stores a 'stationery' version of a project there when you use the "save as template" command. After you save as template then you'll have it readily available on the File/New menu...

Re: GPO Studio in DP4

thanks bmonroney! The plug in is more stable than studio, yes, but it just seems so convenient. Besides creating a template file still doesn't save me from having to load all those patches up.

I guess I figuratively went the seven-mile trek to avoid the two-foot stretch (lost the remote).

Go Back to forum