• Register
  • Help

Topic: R U up for a little Scott Joplin PDF?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up R U up for a little Scott Joplin PDF?

Submitted for your pleasure one piano rag "Bethena" A Concert Waltz by Scott Joplin (1868 - 1905). PDF file.
    I made a midi file using an MC-50mrkII quite a few years ago for a project exam in music history / theory. (Proud to say I received an A.) Anywazzoo, Here it is for you if you want. I can send it to you just PM me with your email.
    This is a rather fun piece to work with.
    If I can find my file I will send it along with the pdf.

OR! You can go to www.mutopiaproject.org and get all the free music and midi's you want!
    Styxx

Re: R U up for a little Scott Joplin PDF?

Well, I found my old midi file and some notes are missing here and there. It is also in 0 format but I think I can change it in Cakewalk HS. Played it back on my MC-80 with Honky-tonk Piano settings on the Roland SC8850 sound module. Not bad but I would like to hear it on the GPO grand. I am going to work on this a bit before I send it to anyone.
    Styxx

Hi Sal,

I really look forward to your rendition of Bethena. Why? Because I think it's my favourite Joplin piece. I also have a MIDI file somewhere which I downloaded from the web but I would like to get around to putting my stamp on it....

Frank

PS..I listen to our commercial classical music station sometimes...usually in the car (It's not locked on to it as classical music is only one of my musical interests) The point is that they do, occasionally, play some Joplin pieces so I'm wondering if they have become 'classical' pieces. It certainly suits me.....although I do become tired of too much of anything....it has to be said!

I really look forward to your rendition of Bethena. Why? Because I think it's my favourite Joplin piece. I also have a MIDI file somewhere which I downloaded from the web but I would like to get around to putting my stamp on it....
    I will need to send it to you when finished. I do not have the resources to post nor would I if I did.
    Styxx

Anyone try this yet? This is fun to work with with all the tempo markings and dynamics.
    Styxx

Score still available if anyone interested.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Score still available if anyone interested.
    Sal, thanks a lot for the mutopiaproject.org link....I finally went there today and downloaded the 'Bethena' MIDI file and pdf score. It's going to be great messing around with this. (Don't tell Tom! )

Thanks again

Frank

Let me know if that midi file is in 3/4 or 4/4. Weird to say the least but I was told when imported to Overture the file was in 4/4. I don't know how that can be. Anyway, I did a midi file in 3/4 and Overture score. Mine is with GPO Steinway lite on two tracks with one slightly off tuning to give it that piano player effect. Work pretty nice.
    Would be nice to hear this piece orchestrated though. This morning I heard a Scott Joplin rag played by (I can't begin to spell his name) one of the most prominent violinist of the world. Fantastic!

Ok, enough BS. Post yours when yours done!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum