• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ivor Terry Bull

Share/Bookmark

Ivor Terry Bull

Ivor Terry Bull admission to make.

I've recently commented on Lux's beautiful theme from the Poltergeist. He's just posted again saying that it was by Jerry Goldsmith who's just died.

I very much enjoy going to a movie (so does my wife, unfortunately ) but I realise that, although the music can highten or reduce the pleasure gained, I never actually bother to look to see who composed it afterwards. I haven't heard of any of the composers I see mentioned here except perhaps for John Williams and even then it's not because I've made a note of this after the film....it's only because he's generally well known.

Am I the only one who enjoys a movie but just accepts it as a package? I don't particularly look to see who directed or produced it either.....or to check who pulled the curtains (drapes- US) shut either. No more than most people would know the stylists and design engineers who produced the car that they just love driving everyday......An equal or greater creative endeavour than making a movie.....All right, a bridge then....

If the movie uses well known classical or pop pieces then I'm more inclined to check out the music if I'm bugged by not being able to remember what a piece is.

Any other Philistines here??

Frank

PS I am going to try and make a mental note of the composers from now on...
    I don't even know who did the music for Moulin Rouge or Chigago.....arguably the worst movies ever made, in recent tiimes....musically and otherwise.

Re: Ivor Terry Bull

Hardy,

I do the same as you, taking it in as a package. However, since I have been participating here, I have been paying more attention to the scores and also the composer credits.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Frank,
    i also take movies as a package, and honestly think that's the good way, because movies are "concept" art products.
    Also I never judged a movie after first act, only at the very end of it.

Sometimes, although, when I'm fashinated by a movie or its music I go into details, just for fun.

Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Frank,
    i also take movies as a package, and honestly think that's the good way, because movies are "concept" art products.
    Also I never judged a movie after first act, only at the very end of it.

Sometimes, although, when I'm fashinated by a movie or its music I go into details, just for fun.

Luca
    Luca, I don't want to be too inquisitive....but how come your English is so damn good?

Frank

No one going to pick me up on.....

"I don't even know who did the music for Moulin Rouge or Chigago.....arguably the worst movies ever made, in recent tiimes....musically and otherwise." ????

What a waste of provocation.......I just don't understand people anymore............

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Luca, I don't want to be too inquisitive....but how come your English is so damn good?

Frank
    hehe, it's a bad thing making jokes of a poor italian...

I've got an horrible english...I remember one of my first posts here, someone called me Yoda...maybe Choco...I saw Star Wars translated in Italian...but I know what it means

Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    hehe, it's a bad thing making jokes of a poor italian...

I've got an horrible english...I remember one of my first posts here, someone called me Yoda...maybe Choco...I saw Star Wars translated in Italian...but I know what it means

Luca
    All I can say is ....that was unfair and ......what a turnaround!

Frank

Go Back to forum