• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do Atmosphere and Gigastudio get along?

Share/Bookmark

Question Do Atmosphere and Gigastudio get along?

Can I have Atmosphere and Gigastudio on the same PC? Are there any complications associated with it? What is the atmosphere user interface like? I've never used a virtual instrument before (I use Giga for keyboard performance). Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Re: Do Atmosphere and Gigastudio get along?

Quote Originally Posted by TEMPS
    Can I have Atmosphere and Gigastudio on the same PC? Are there any complications associated with it? What is the atmosphere user interface like? I've never used a virtual instrument before (I use Giga for keyboard performance). Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
    I run the two on the same system without any complications. The only potentinal pitfalls are the following: If your hard drive setup is too slow, then your performance in GigaStudio might be worse when you run Atmosphere at the same time etc. etc. The same goes for CPU.

The Atmosphere GUI is very straightforward and much easier to use than say for instance the GigaStudio 2.X editor. It consists of loading what amounts to a "multi" (consisting of 2 layers of envelope/lfo/sample settings) or individually loading a layer at a time (these are grouped by the multis they are used in.) It's very straightforward and you should be able to get started without ever touching a manual if you know how to load plug-ins in your sequencer. Beyond that, there are controls that are generally very similar to what you get in the Giga Editor, except that you don't have to worry about mapping samples or things of that nature and that the LFOs are more robust (there are four of them that you can use for most parameters and sync to the tempo etc.) I hope that gives you an idea. You can get the full scoop by looking at the manual. http://spectrasonics.net/atmosphere/...ide/index.html

Go Back to forum