• Register
  • Help

Topic: CC#'s choices in Sonar / Instrument Defs.

Share/Bookmark

CC#'s choices in Sonar / Instrument Defs.

I'm a newbie, and I've got a problem that is really bugging me.

When I load GPO VST, and go to piano roll view to enter mod wheel data, I choose "Control" from the 1st drop down, then in the 2nd drop down, where there should (?) be a list of available CC's there is only "0".
    I think I can just enter a number in and draw in the data, but I'm not sure and I want to know how to get the proper list to show up.

I think it has something to do with Instrument Definitions in Sonar--I've even created a "GPO" instrument with the CC values and I apply it, but I still get only "0".
    Could someone please tell me how to make this work or what instrument definition Sonar uses for GPO?
    I have asked this question once on the Sonar forum and didn't get an answer.
    Thanks!

Re: CC#'s choices in Sonar / Instrument Defs.

It's a bug in Sonar 3. The only thing you can do to get the CC# you want is to click on the zero and type your number (Usually 1!) Even this does not produce the name of the controller. Now click on the Channel number; it is safest to select All Channels in order to see any existing control data.

Now draw in or edit your control data.

You can get instrument definitions of GPO percussion etc. I downloaded them some time ago, but I can't remember the source. Can anyone else help in this regard?

Thanks! I won't worry about why it's not working. I was able to make it work manually just fine.
    I did get the instrument definition file with percussion, etc. but it didn't fix the other problem.

Thanks.

I ran into the problem a while ago. Like it isn't confusing enough to get started with Sonar then you run into a bug! Does anyone know if this is fixed in Sonar 4? At least you can enter a "1" and then enter your data.

Now my problem is that I can't get my mod wheel data, that I have played in live, to display in the bottom piano roll view. It is displayed in track view and I hear that it is there. The only solution is to go into the event list view and delete my mod wheel data and then draw new data in.

I thought it was because I hadn't selected the right clip but that turned out not to be the reason because I had the mod wheel data on the same track as the note info.

BTW, I believe this is only a bug in Sonar's VST implementation. If you insert GPO as a DXI, it shouldn't happen. (Not that the DXI version is exactly bug free...)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum