• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sound Forge Batch converter & Giga?

Share/Bookmark

Sound Forge Batch converter & Giga?

Hi All,
    I\'m curious if anyone else has had this problem...
    When bringing in .aif 16 bit looped files to Sound Forge Batch converter 5.0 and converting to 16 bit .wav files for use in Giga, the loop gets lost. The file shows up in Giga as having the loop turned off and no loop markers what so ever. Most annoying!

Any work arounds on this?
    Perhaps a Sound Forge preference setting?
    Thanks!

------------------
    Dennis Burns - Bolder Sounds - Boulder Colorado
    Dennis Burns Bolder Sounds Boulder Colorado
    www.boldersounds.com

CD ROMS \"Eclectic\" - \"Granular\" - & \"Bolder Pianos\"

for Gigasampler, Akai, Kurzweil & Emu Samplers.

Re: Sound Forge Batch converter & Giga?

Are the loops apparent when you open the file in SoundForge?

if you\'re bringing them over from a MAC, you may need to convert it to Wave there, or try another format to convert from.

I have issues with losing Loop Points transfering between MAC and PC.

Sound Forge 4.5 has a better Batch converter IMO. Dunno why they changed it. So I still use 4.5 on one of my older PCs for batches from time to time. Wavelab for all my pther batches.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

When I open the aif. files in Sound Forge the loops are there, and they play back fine.
    When I convert them with Batch Converter 5, they dissappear.
    The only solution seems to be a \"save as\" from sound forge. But this is a pain when you\'re dealing with many files.
    Yes..they are coming from a Mac. However as I recall...... from Peak, going from .aif to .wav the loop markers are also lost.

------------------
    Dennis Burns - Bolder Sounds - Boulder Colorado
    www.boldersounds.com
    CD ROMS \"Eclectic\" - \"Granular\" - & \"Bolder Pianos\"

for Gigasampler, Akai, Kurzweil & Emu Samplers.

hmmm
    you may want to talk to Sonic Foundry directly aobu tit, or check their forums. They are pretty responsive from waht I hear

I\'m doing alot of WAV to AIFF with loops lately, and have run into problems here and there.

I\'ll take a look next time I do a batch and let you know what I find.

If you talk tot he SF guys, post the response here if you could. Would love to know

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I posted the problem in Sonic Foundry\'s Sound Forge forum and got a reply from SF: it\'s a known bug in the Batch Converter and will get fixed \"in the future\".

[This message has been edited by Timo Heil (edited 03-11-2002).]

Why did they change the Batcher form 4.5\'s?

I understand that they wanted it standalone for Vegas users and used like \"barbabatch\" on the MAC,....but WTF? They freaking broke it. I hate using it....which is why I usually dont

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis B:
    Hi All,
    I\'m curious if anyone else has had this problem...
    When bringing in .aif 16 bit looped files to Sound Forge Batch converter 5.0 and converting to 16 bit .wav files for use in Giga, the loop gets lost.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently there is a bug in Batch Converter wich does this when you are converting aif to wave. Sonic Foundry acknowledges this and has promised a future fix.
    http://www.sonicfoundry.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=94845&Replies=3&Page=1

Go Back to forum