• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The World Owes us, and they need us too.

Share/Bookmark

The World Owes us, and they need us too.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    This NRO article has some very good insights into the current state of things, and I urge you all to read it.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Re: The World Owes us, and they need us too.

I think Mussolini wrote that in the late 30s. He just changed a few words. Wasn't this the guy that was supporting federal funds for the KKK. Yup, he was. In fact they caught this guy on film, running through a peace rally naked with nothing but a banner that said "napalm is good for you." Thanks for letting us all know about another bunghole that we can add to our s of America list.....cue the funny walk.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    This NRO article has some very good insights into the current state of things, and I urge you all to read it.
    Now why would anyone want to read an article that begins with this completely false premise:

"I would never have imagined that journalists, academics, actors, artists, and the intelligentsia in general would have so opposed the end of dictatorship and promotion of democracy abroad."

You see, this goes to the heart of the problem with conservatives. They just don't GET it. They are apparently incapable of getting it.

Jesus.

Hi All,

Here's an interesting counterpoint to your article. If this is what conservatives mean by promoting democracy then Houston we have a problem.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0806-15.htm

Cheers,

Steve Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    I think Mussolini wrote that in the late 30s. He just changed a few words. Wasn't this the guy that was supporting federal funds for the KKK. Yup, he was. In fact they caught this guy on film, running through a peace rally naked with nothing but a banner that said "napalm is good for you." Thanks for letting us all know about another bunghole that we can add to our s of America list.....cue the funny walk.
    Well if Hanson really did that, it's not documented anywhere on the internet, as I searched for "Napalm is good for you" and returned one result which was irrelevant. Sometimes I don't know if your being facetious, or you're just completely insane.

Either way, there are a couple of points in the article that your response didn't address. For starters, the best humanitarian act the U.S. can do for another country is to outsource our jobs there. Response?
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    Well if Hanson really did that, it's not documented anywhere on the internet, as I searched for "Napalm is good for you" and returned one result which was irrelevant. Sometimes I don't know if your being facetious, or you're just completely insane.

Either way, there are a couple of points in the article that your response didn't address. For starters, the best humanitarian act the U.S. can do for another country is to outsource our jobs there. Response?
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhhhahhaahhaahahhhah ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah.... I think I broke my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Now why would anyone want to read an article that begins with this completely false premise:

"I would never have imagined that journalists, academics, actors, artists, and the intelligentsia in general would have so opposed the end of dictatorship and promotion of democracy abroad."

You see, this goes to the heart of the problem with conservatives. They just don't GET it. They are apparently incapable of getting it.

Jesus.
    Well, the paragraph you quoted is not a premise, it's a notion. And certainly, your counterpoint to the premise you projected onto it, that conservatives just don't get it, is not going to loft you into the annals of great intellectual thinkers. Is it that hard to engage in debate? I mean, I don't understand. What is it that we conservatives just don't get?
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

I've said this like 300 times, but you aren't listening. The US supports brutal dictators around the globe. Saddam was one of them. We supported his bloody regime happily until he nationalized his oil. Then he became a monster. This is what the US gov. is all about. Anyone who thinks otherwise is woefully ignorant or perhaps mentally handicapped. This is what Republicans don't get. You guys crusade around forcefully defending obvious lies and then smile when you get caught and call it spin.

Quote Originally Posted by pantonality
    Hi All,

Here's an interesting counterpoint to your article. If this is what conservatives mean by promoting democracy then Houston we have a problem.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0806-15.htm

Cheers,

Steve Chandler
    I read the article.

First, it's hard for me to form an opinion about the current leader. As the article stated, his "acts of strength" have been largely unreported here. Cutting off hands to get confessions is criminal and I would never support such tactics.

I don't really see how this is relevant to Hanson's article.
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

what is truth?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast