• Register
  • Help

Topic: There is a fire in your studio...

Share/Bookmark

There is a fire in your studio...

...and you can only take 3 of your precious sample-libraries with you. What would you choose and what would you ditch?

BTW, what do people think about the the score for King Arthur? I just bought it (though I have not seen the movie yet because of all the bad reviews) and it reminds me a lot about the Gladiator score. Good to hear something adventurous and battle-like from Zimmer again. There are female singing(chants) in the score which gives assosiations to Lisa's work on the Glad-score. The opening cue sounds a bit synthetic, with the echo-strings, but it is very effective at the same time. 4 out of 6 I would say...

Re: There is a fire in your studio...

That's easy. GPO, LastLibs AGB, and Diva Bundle. They're the only three I own!

lol ok let's see. GOS...can all SAM Brass count for one?

Synthetic? Isn't that part of the media ventures sound? If you thicken up your mix with unidentifiable synths...you might as well sample double as much instruments.
    Only heard the trailer music....but I guess that wasn't done by Zimmer right?

None...I would take my scores...and later ask Doug to send me the libraries again!!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

VSL, Black Grand, Scarbee Rhodes

So many choices, so little time....

EWQLSO (only the disks though - not the gigantic 95% empty box!), the SAM Brass (I'm counting them as one) and probably the SI strings although I'd probably stand there trying to decide between the latter and the Bos 290 plug-in and roast to death!.
    Trev Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    VSL, Black Grand, Scarbee Rhodes
    Black Grand and not White Grand?

Quote Originally Posted by leogardini
    None...I would take my scores...and later ask Doug to send me the libraries again!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Certainly the best choice!!!

Well, not to sound flip, but nothing.

I have everything compressed/backed up with Ghost on a server 100 miles away from my house. All my hardware is insured. Actually, my policy will pay for software replacement as well.

As long as my family and pets are safe, everything's cool. It's all replaceable.

R.
    ==

Go Back to forum