Alright, before I start hammering you with questions I just wanted to say hi, since this is the first time I have posted here. It's really great to have a place where composers can come together.

Ok, now onto my questions. I am looking for a couple multi-sample libraries, and the first is one that has a percussion instrument similar to what you can hear on E.S. Posthumus's "Nara" or Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" remix. They sound like ensembles of a certain percussion instrument but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

Number two is that cool pulsating saw thing that you can hear on Don Davis and Juno Reator's "The Trainman Cometh" and Danny Elfman's "Main Titles Deconstruction" for Planet of the Apes. Or is this just a highly processed saw wave?

Ok, question for the DIVA libraries: Are there any recordings of low / no vibrato breathy vocals ala James Horner's "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics"? I have a really slow connection so it would take me forever to go through all those demos.

I am currently using Garritan Orchestral strings and was wondering if there are any more "lush" samples of strings out there, because for some reason they sound alittle thin to me. I can actually get them near what I want after I eq and all that though so it's not too big of a deal. Oh, and is the full library really all that good (since I use the "Lite" version), or do you guys recommend a different library? [On a side note I never use performance files so those are really useless to me.]

I think that is all for now, sorry for the massive amount of questions but I don't know anyone who can help me out with this stuff. Thanks much,

James W.G. Smith

OH! And before I forget, I am having a horrible time with background hiss and for some reason I can't get it off without losing a massive amount of quality from the piece, any suggestions?