• Register
  • Help

Topic: How sweet can it be?

Share/Bookmark

How sweet can it be?

For this Grave from Corelli's Concerto Grosso Op. 6 VIII i used as much sirup on the bows of the GPO string quartet as possible. It's rare that I use a couple of hours for one minute of music - but this was worth it.

ftp://213.189.138.53/Corelli_8_2.mp3

fmfgs

Re: How sweet can it be?

Simply gorgeous! That's all I can say...

Excellent fmfgs! You're right....worth the time you spent

Frank

Thumbs up Re: How sweet can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfgs
    For this Grave from Corelli's Concerto Grosso Op. 6 VIII i used as much sirup on the bows of the GPO string quartet as possible. It's rare that I use a couple of hours for one minute of music - but this was worth it.
    Very nice! According to my very, very limited experience, when a piece of music is well-written (and well-orchestrated...) it works even if played on a kazoo (with GPO it sounds even better, of course) :-)

Just for my pleasure, I've put in Overture ten measures of Haydn's Symphony 99 in Eb. I played it on my 48-keys Roland full-plastic keyboard and with my cat-walking-on-the-keys pianistic technique. Even with all this handicaps and the rich sounds of GPO, the final effect astonishes me.

Beacuse, above all, it's well written. Franz Joseph undoubtedly knew what to do with an orchestra... ;-)

GPO is a great aid in composing also under this point of view, IMHO...

Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by fmfgs

ftp://213.189.138.53/Corelli_8_2.mp3

fmfgs
    fmfgs!

That was awesome. I really think you brought out the emotion in the music a lot with your handling of the GPO.

Thanks for this!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum