• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pops & hyperthreading?

Pops & hyperthreading?

OK, I should describe my system so I can hopefully get some help with the pops and clicks thing. new Asus P4P800SE mobo 800 hz fsb w/P4 3ghz chip with hyperthreading, 2gigs of pc ddr 2700 266 ram, 2 7200 rpm ata 133 hard drives. 128mb nvidea graphics w 2 17" LCD monitors, Delta1010 interface 44,000hz locked w5ms latency, cubase SX2 And other software.

My problem is that before installing GPO all was running fine with very few p's & c's. I have tried to load GPO into some of my existing songs and am getting lots of problems. Running GPO alone seems to be fine. I am wondering about hyperthreading and if anyone has it and any problems with it. Has anyone disabled it and what difference does it actually make? Would upgrading to DDR 3200 400mhz ram make a difference (already have 2 gigs of the other stuff). Really want to shake the bugs out of this as I am more and more impressed with the sounds in this program.

Side note: when I first was listening to different strings it was strange until it dawned on me that they actually souned like strings because they were! Not some synth trying and getting close. Awesome!

Chandler, Arizona

Re: Pops & hyperthreading?

The NI engine is not compatible with hyper-threading so shut it off in the BIOS.

Re: Pops & hyperthreading?

Everyone keeps saying this so explain my situation. My performance is worse with the hyperthreading turned off.

Go Back to forum