• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Malmsjö Instruments?

Share/Bookmark

New Malmsjö Instruments?

Howdy folks!

I noticed they are advertising three new instruments included in the Malmsjö Piano package, "Mozart Grand", "Midnight Grand", and "Dream Grand". Are these EQ'ed versions of the regular Malmsjö or different ambiances, etc? What's the scoop?

Thanks,
    Wes

Re: New Malmsjö Instruments?

All are from one sample pool, the ArtVista Malmsjö, and all contained on the CD, so it's not really new. However I don't know if all programs were included in older versions, as there was an update to version MAG 2.0.

The Mozart Grand is the same as the MAGX (that is with extended dynamics - ff) but with more mezzoforte dynamics.
    The Malmsjö Midnight Grand only contains the two softest dynamics (p and pp I believe) and the Dream Grand only the softest layer.

Hope this helps,
    PolarBear

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear
    All are from one sample pool, the ArtVista Malmsjö, and all contained on the CD, so it's not really new. However I don't know if all programs were included in older versions, as there was an update to version MAG 2.0.

The Mozart Grand is the same as the MAGX (that is with extended dynamics - ff) but with more mezzoforte dynamics.
    The Malmsjö Midnight Grand only contains the two softest dynamics (p and pp I believe) and the Dream Grand only the softest layer.

Hope this helps,
    PolarBear
    PolarBear,

Thanks!

Wes

Forgot to mention there is an update to v2.0 availible at http://www.artvista.net if you got an older version not containing these programs.

Go Back to forum