• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Choir?

Share/Bookmark

VSL Choir?

I'm wondering - will the VSL team eventually do a choir library? Can you imagine how incredible that would be to play a choir_leg_f patch?

Also, how about legato ethnic instruments?

Re: VSL Choir?

They have mentioned that both are on the "to do" list... I keep mentioning it in their forum every chance I get... Its my large crusade. Both choir and ethnic instruments.

Smile Re: VSL Choir?

It is most likely on the list. Anyway, it will be after the "Symphonic Cube" for sure.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Just curious, (and a litte of topic) has anyone ever tried to make their own choir library, not neccesary with multisamples, but with original and unique phrases. Most people livng in a town should be able to hire for free or a small amount of money a none-pro choir, or maybe a student choir to do some quick sessions? I have been thinking of this and maybe contacting a student choir to record my own unique phrases and harmonies to use in my projects.

Its definatly something I plan to do when a project would be perfect with choir. I have considered it many times

Marcussen: How did you plan to do the acctual recording if it was going to happen? Record it to a computer or a DAT-recorder? I only have one behringer condenser mic, the B3 I think it is called, so I would have to either buy a second B3 or borrow some microphones for the session. Would it be a good choice to use a so called surface microphone, those flat round things often attached to the ceiling? Would you need a microphone tube-preamp or what? Anyone willing to reveal some of their choir-recording experiences?

A D.I.Y. choir? Sounds like fun!

But, actually guys, you'll need to have a few grand in your wallet for the talent.

Oh, and you'll need to pay a conductor. You won't have time to make sure their pitch is 440 and blending... you'll be running the sessions.

Oh, also... you'll need a minimum of 16 sets of head phones and 2 - 8 ch headphone amps.

Oh, and Lunch time - of course you can't expect the choir to stand there all day without being fed.
    I almost forgot - you wouldn't be able to fit them all in your home studio so you will have to book a hall as well.

Or at least... so I've heard
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

choir_leg_f? I'd forget to breathe, and not even sure about them!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    They have mentioned that both are on the "to do" list... I keep mentioning it in their forum every chance I get... Its my large crusade. Both choir and ethnic instruments.
    It's my crusade too Marcussen. I think they realize what a daunting task it would be to record all of the vocal articulations for the cool legato tricks with Performance Tool and are probably taking their sweet time planning it out.

Smile Re: VSL Choir?

>> Polar Bear
    There is a choral tech called "stagger breathing." If the part is 4~6 or more, you can write phrase as long as you want. (off course, it is nice to give singers good breathing point.)

>>Most people livng in a town should be able to hire for free or a small amount of money a none-pro choir, or maybe a student choir to do some quick sessions?

Unless you have very good friedns or strong connection to school or church, it is very difficult to do that under limited money. People are very reluctant to do any job, unless it is worth doing for them (like... your music is very very good, you offer enough money, you are famous etc). Otherwise, it is much realistic to ask one or two singers and do multi recording.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Go Back to forum