• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO not responding to volume changeds in DP4

Share/Bookmark

GPO not responding to volume changeds in DP4

GPO is not responding to volume info. changes in DP4. Whether I "draw in" the changes or use my Mackie controller universal to automate the volume changes, nothing happens. The change data is correctly correctly represented in DP4 do not cause any change in volume with the GPO instruments. The data will cause the proper volume changes with other (not GPO) instruments. I have a feeling that this may have something to do with GPO's use of the mod wheel, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Re: GPO not responding to volume changeds in DP4

Yeah...I believe you have to use the mod wheel instead of volume.

Yes, you both are right. This is a nontraditional approach, but one that makes GPO very special and realistic. Most GPO instruments respond to the mod wheel rather than just the traditional volume control. The mod wheel changes the timbre and attack as well as the dynamics of a note much in the same way a natural instrument does. The manual has a list of the controls to which each instrument responds. Once you print your tracks to audio, you can tweak the volume settings for your mix if you want, But itÕs better to do this at the midi stage for more realism.

Good luck with GPO,

Karl

Have you tried CPR?

Computer Program Resuscitation.
    Styxx

There is an option on the Kontakt player's options property sheet that enables CC7(volume)/CC10(pan). Make sure that's turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    There is an option on the Kontakt player's options property sheet that enables CC7(volume)/CC10(pan). Make sure that's turned on.
    Thanks everyone. I tried doing what "billp" suggested and that did the trick. Now I draw again.

Oh yes, I forgot about that since I don't ever use it.

Go Back to forum