• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: DPDAN's version of Alabaster Box

Share/Bookmark

DPDAN's version of Alabaster Box

Hi everyone, back in March of this year (2004), I recorded a live concert in Ft. Worth Texas. One of the songs that the soloist sang was Alabaster Box. The CD track (minus vocal) was only legal for performance purposes and could not be used for recording. Later, I used that CD as a reference for the purpose of making a track that the soloist could sing along with for her CD legally. Since the orchestration was not available, I had to copy it by ear, right up my alley right? The artist does have permission to use the song, so here it is, it's all GPO......... well, except for the vocal.

Alabaster Box

Thumbs up Re: DPDAN's version of Alabaster Box

Wow, Dan, you do have a gift! Very nice production. Remarkable that you can do this by ear. You are a one man orchestra in a pit. :-)

Trond

Re: DPDAN's version of Alabaster Box

yea, in an arm pit LOL!
    ha ha ha

Beautiful! Beautiful! And the chick singer is no slouch either!

What a talented touch you have. I'm envious.

Keep up the great work and please share future creations with us.

Regards,

Larry A.

Thank you Larry, I'm just glad to share....

Dan,

You know I've told you this before.

What a wonderful touch you have given this piece and I fall more in love with the singer's voice each time I listen.

Thanks,

Glenn

Thumbs up Re: DPDAN's version of Alabaster Box

Awesome, simply awesome! I can appreciate the hard work you put into this doing by ear. I've had to do the same many a time for my youth theatre if sheet music wasn't available.
    By the way, how is your ear after working on this orchestration?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    Wow, Dan, you do have a gift! Very nice production. Remarkable that you can do this by ear. You are a one man orchestra in a pit. :-)

Trond
    I think that is rather insulting....give him his due....he is the pits!

Frank

Working notes added during edit....This above is a joke based on the old one where one person says...."Frank hasn't got the manners of a pig" and someone else defends Frank by saying " I resent that....he has got the manners of a pig"

for those who didn't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi everyone, back in March, I recorded a live concert in Ft. Worth Texas. One of the songs that the soloist sang was Alabaster Box. The CD track (minus vocal) was only legal for performance purposes and could not be used for recording. Later, I used that CD as a reference to listen to for the purpose of making a track that the soloist could sing along with for her CD. Since the orchestration was not available, I had to copy it by ear, right up my alley right? The artist does have permission to use the song, so here it is, it's all GPO......... well, except for the vocal.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDA...0no%20appl.MP3
    Very professional....it sounds like a real singer with a real orchestra....nicely arranged. Which pitch shifting software did you use for your vocal?

Thanks

Frank

Good job of duplicating the orchestra! Certainly seems real sounding.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast