• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano Volume

Share/Bookmark

Piano Volume

Hello all,

I am curious, I cannot seem to get any volume variance when playing live with the Piano samples.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Trankonia

Re: Piano Volume

Trankonia,

The piano uses velocity data to control volume/timbre. I'm assuming that your live keyboard is a velocity sensitive instrument. When you use a sequencer to record yourself playing from gentle to aggressive do you see different velocity values in the recorded data? When you graphically enter different velocity values in your sequencer do you hear volume/timbre changes then?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Trankonia,

I'm assuming that your live keyboard is a velocity sensitive instrument. Tom
    Hi Tom,

Yes it has velocity and after-touch (Korg Karma) This seems odd to me. Also, I swear that when I loaded the samples previously they mapped to my 61 note keyboard. Now it seems to be off-set.

Regards,

Trankonia

What program are you using to play GPO? GPO studio,Full kontakt or the kontakt player bundled with GPO?
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Trankonia,

There are two most likely areas where MIDI data can be modified: The controller keyboard and the sequencing program receiving the data. Did you record the MIDI data and examine it? That will tell you if the information is arriving correctly at the sequencer tracks (assuming you haven't inserted any MIDI plugins at your sequencer that could alter the data before it reaches the tracks.) Are you even using a sequencer? If so, which? If not, what host software are you using?

You should also check your keyboard to see if it is configured to modify the data before it sends. Check things like transposition for the mapping offset problem and velocity curves for the lack of velocity dynamic range.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Trankonia,
    Check things like transposition for the mapping offset problem and velocity curves for the lack of velocity dynamic range.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom, I believe you are correct. In order for me to try to get a better velocity curve for Legato/non-legato, I changed my settings on the keyboard.

As far as the offset-I feel pretty stupid. I must have accidently changes the off-set in Kontact

Thanks,

Trankonia

Go Back to forum