• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Little Organ Preludium

Share/Bookmark

Cool Little Organ Preludium

Hi all, here is a little organ preludium I composed today.

http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/...Aminor_mp3.mp3 (1mb)

Like always all comments are appreciated!

Btw. it's fast for Larry, and dark for Alan.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Little Organ Preludium

That was fabulous Falcon 1. It takes me back many years ....to the time when I was last in a church.....very nostalgic for me.

Regardless of what DPDan says my ears aren't the best but nevertheless this sounds....absolutely....magnificent. I'm a real sucker for a church organ, and give the Orcas Orcastra his due....this is one hell of a good organ...and a really nice composition too....I liked it a lot (you can tell that by my tendency to rave when I get enthusiastic).

What reverb (or otherwise) did you use as it seems perfectly matched. Must dig out Darwin Kop's wonderful Thus Sprach Zarathustra (2001) again....must feed my ODS (organ deficiency syndrome)!!

Thanks

frank

Cool Re: Little Organ Preludium

Hi Frank, and thanks for your comments! I wish there were more "suckers" for the church organ.

I used SIR with an impulse (Concert Hall 1) which Gary send me the other day. I used -13.1db Dry and -3.8db Wet.

I also cloned the manuals and panned it about 60 right and 60 left and then I had the pedals panned in the middle. I also duplicated the pedal track to get the 16' feeling and offset it a little.

Again thanks, I'm glad you liked this little piece.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Hi Frank, and thanks for your comments! I wish there were more "suckers" for the church organ.

I used SIR with an impulse (Concert Hall 1) which Gary send me the other day. I used -13.1db Dry and -3.8db Wet.

I also cloned the manuals and panned it about 60 right and 60 left and then I had the pedals panned in the middle. I also duplicated the pedal track to get the 16' feeling and offset it a little.

Again thanks, I'm glad you liked this little piece.
    Don't thank me falcon....it's just a great piece....I'm taking notes for when I get started!!! Clever tweaks....they sure do work. Thanks for the secrets!

I wonder if Gary's including impulses in GPO two. He certainly has shown a lot of interest in them over the last few months....it's been impulses this...and impulses that.... I just can't stand it anymore.... Thank God he's going to Edinburgh .....Wait a minute.....he's only a stone's throw from Iceland???

Frank

Very real sounding. The panning is effective, but hardly noticeable (so that's very good!) Good sense of touch, too -- did you actually play it on a midi keyboard?

I don't know much about organ's (except mine need replacement) this was great! There was a nice slight bounce to it that kind of kept it moving forward. Most organ pieces tend to hang for a moment then move on. Nice strong chord in the finale.
    Ah, I says to me guest at the party last night, Will ya be havin' to play me argone later? It's a wee bit small but you be handlin' it OK I says!

Nice, very nice!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Little Organ Preludium

Frank, again thanks. Hope the "secrets" will be useful for people here. I think Gary talked about that he were going to create some Impulse program. But at least he's obviously doing great impulses which work, at least for me.
    Hey, maybe I should try to throw a stone with message to him?

gugliel, thanks. Unfortunatly I don't own a midi keyboard to I use my faithful mouse instead to notate and tweak, I know it's more time consuming but it gets the job done anyway.

Styxx, thanks. I'm glad you liked it. Hehehe... you're too funny sometimes!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Very good!

I love the pipe organ, it's the king of instruments you know.

Falcon1,

That was great. I closed my eyes and for a moment I thought I was in a cathedral in Europe instead of a corn field in Illinois.

Jeff

Cool Re: Little Organ Preludium

DPDAN, yes it's the King & Queen of the instruments. And of course I have good communication with the King & Queen because I'm an organist. However, it's not always easy.

Jeff, thanks. I think I'm starting to understand the reverb thing now and it seems that the reverbing practices last few months have paid off.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast