• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Update from Tascam Re: GS3

Share/Bookmark

Smile Update from Tascam Re: GS3

A friend of ours from Tascam just wrote and asked me to pass this info on to all. I do not usually post much up here but I thought this would be one of the best ways to get this info out to the user base, so I hope everyone and the moderators don't mind.

Tascam GS3 Content list: http://www.tascamgiga.com/libraries.php

He also mentioned that GS3 will be shipping to the dealers no later than Aug 23 (in the very worst case)

Wink Re: Update from Tascam Re: GS3

Quote Originally Posted by Al E. Cat
    He also mentioned that GS3 will be shipping to the dealers no later than Aug 23 (in the very worst case)
    And you actually believe him?! Sucker!!
    Anthony Lombardi, composer
    www.anthonylombardi.com

Re: Update from Tascam Re: GS3

Thanks Al... I can't imagine how nuts it must be there with Giga3 pre-orders. Hope you guys are all getting comp time next week.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Looks cool. A lot of drum 'demos' in there however, and as an Opus 1 owner the VSL stuff is of limited interest, except maybe the legato stuff, which I would hope doesn't need the Performance Tool to work. However the Sonic Implants and Westgate stuff is of use here When I saw the name 'Larry Seyer' I immediately thought 'UPRIGHT BASS!' but alas, more drums... Still, Ensemble looks like great value for money.

My understanding is that the VSL demo stuff uses the MIDI rules of GS3. No performance tool required.

-JF

That's a pretty impressive collection of included content even after you discount the demo versions.

Tascam has about as much credibility on a ship date than Dubya has on Weapons Of Mass Destruction...the way they've handled this from day one is just pathetic.
    -Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Al E. Cat

Dubya Sux, Tascam should have JK working for them then somethin would get dun.

I just placed my upgrade order today (8/10).

The rep provided the following range of dates when TASCAM will have copies available to ship out to people:

Earliest Date Tascam to Receive: Thursday, Aug. 18th
    Latest Date Tascam to Recieve: Monday, Aug. 23rd

For Upgraders the US shipping prices vary from $6 (standard UPS) to $12 (next Day).

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I just placed my upgrade order today (8/10).

The rep provided the following range of dates when TASCAM will have copies available to ship out to people:

Earliest Date Tascam to Receive: Thursday, Aug. 18th
    Latest Date Tascam to Recieve: Monday, Aug. 23rd

For Upgraders the US shipping prices vary from $6 (standard UPS) to $12 (next Day).
    Where do you go to place an upgrade order? I don't see any forms on the Tascam website.

Go Back to forum