• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bush Wants to be Your Shrink

Share/Bookmark

Bush Wants to be Your Shrink

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Now Bush wants to test every American for mental illness--including you! And guess who will create the tests?

By Jordanne Graham

Next month, President Bush plans to unveil a broad new mental health plan called the “New Freedom Initiative.” Never mind that it couldn’t have less to do with freedom; if you’re a thinking American, this initiative should scare the hell out of you.

The New Freedom Initiative proposes to screen every American, including you, for mental illness. To this end, the president established a New Freedom Commission on Mental Health, to study the nation’s mental health delivery service and make a report. It’s interesting to note that many on the staff appointed to the Commission have served on the advisory boards of some of the nation’s largest drug companies.

http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/m...rticle&sid=830

Re: Bush Wants to be Your Shrink

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Now Bush wants to test every American for mental illness--including you! And guess who will create the tests?

By Jordanne Graham

Next month, President Bush plans to unveil a broad new mental health plan called the “New Freedom Initiative.” Never mind that it couldn’t have less to do with freedom; if you’re a thinking American, this initiative should scare the hell out of you.

The New Freedom Initiative proposes to screen every American, including you, for mental illness. To this end, the president established a New Freedom Commission on Mental Health, to study the nation’s mental health delivery service and make a report. It’s interesting to note that many on the staff appointed to the Commission have served on the advisory boards of some of the nation’s largest drug companies.

http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/m...rticle&sid=830
    scary stuff indeed, but hey they've succeeded in everything else so why not go the whole way, they've managed to scare the hell out of people, the next logical step is tighter thought control, actually there was or is a anti-psychiatry movement, i know it was around in the 70's with people like R.D Laing , Thomas Szaz, very interesting reading because they were writing about the abuse of psychology back than and giving out strong warnings so this is not really new

JESUS CHRIST that's frighteneing!!!!! He can kiss my azzz.

Doctor: Mr. Phoenix do you believe that the devil walks among us?

Mr. Phoenix (soon to be locked up): Yes, he's got a ranch in Crawford.

I remember during the Clinton Years the Dems talking about stuff like this. Some of it on the State level with regard to parenting, where they wanted to make sure every parent was "qualified" to be a parent.

I opposed it then as I do now, but funny thing is, I doubt you guys ever voiced any opposition to it back then. You probably though it was a great idea. Is that so?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen

Depression can ruin your life. I finally realized that I had a chemical imbalance about 10 years ago, and through the help of modern medicine, and a great doctor, I've written alot of music.

I'll share my new symphonic piece with you all when it's done.
    Hi Ernstinen,

Out of curiosity, how did that improve your 'will' to compose? Was it a cure to lazyness? (so to speak).

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

There are all kinds of ways a basic brain-chemical imbalance can affect your life. Nothing to do with laziness.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

What Bush is doing, however, is totally frightening.

If he actually had any desire to aid our freedoms, he'd cease spending billions of dollars blowing up innocent brown people and pissing off the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    There are all kinds of ways a basic brain-chemical imbalance can affect your life. Nothing to do with laziness.
    Of course, I was joking.

Since starting my career (making games), I find that I come home and really don't feel like composing, drawing, or designing. Hence, I feel quite lazy sometimes and I also feel bloody hopeless sometimes too! Like no-matter what I do it's never good enough. It's like the most important things in my life (aside from family) are my also the cause of endless frustration.

So I was curious how such a thing as a chemical imbalance can affect your life and work.

They've discovered that many ultra violent, angry and the suicidal have vastly depleted reserves of seratonin - mood receptors that affects the brain's chemistry.

However don't get me wrong: I don't agree with what Bush is doing. Similar studies were done in Moscow where people were detained indefinitely in a culture of fear where children would turn in their parents in the name of patriotism to the Soviet ideal.

So which is it? Do we need a State that "looks after" our mental health, or do we not? We cannot have it both ways. And no, it doesn't make a difference if Kerry is the one implementing such a program as opposed to Bush, and yet I think many of you would base your support or lack thereof based solely on that factor.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast