• Register
  • Help

Topic: G'Studio 2.5 & Keyboard Latency with Win2K Pro

Share/Bookmark

G\'Studio 2.5 & Keyboard Latency with Win2K Pro

I have just upgraded from Win98SE to Windows 2000 Pro and in turn upgraded from Gigastudio 2.2 to 2.5
    My problem is that where before I was getting rock solid latency with my master keyboards running under win98se, I now get very slight latency lag with my keyboards under Win2K especially with Gigabyte (1GB) Piano samples (On depressing the keys the sounds lag behind very very slightly). I have tried adjusting the sound card latency settings with little improvement. Any one else come across this very minor but still irritating enough problem for me to send out this query ??
    My system is based around an Intel P3-1GHz CPU, 512mb ram and very latest Maxtor 40gb IDE hdds on a UDMA100 controller. I am using a Terratec EWS88MT sound card. In all cases very latest drivers are being used.

Any straight forward fixes I can try to sort this one out ??

Re: G\'Studio 2.5 & Keyboard Latency with Win2K Pro

Sorted it out by myself, sorry for wasting any bodies reading time.

What was the solution? I still have excessive latency on Windows XP.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rackthemout:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I\'ve fixed it by simply lowering the buffer size setting in my Delta 66 control panel. I didn\'t think that setting had any effect for the GSIF driver! The latency is now fine under XP - I can\'t tell the difference between XP and Windows ME.

Greg.

Originally posted by Greg Sullivan:
    What was the solution? I still have excessive latency on Windows XP.

</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Rackthemout:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum