• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GsFix 1.010 doesn't find GS

Share/Bookmark

GsFix 1.010 doesn\'t find GS

Hiyas,
    am running GS on a dedicated machine and would like to run asio. Soundcardmanufacturer recommended gsfix to move GS from realtime to high priority (to get rid of the crackles at 1.5ms and 3ms latencies).
    I d/led what I think is the latest version (1.010), and installed it. When I launch the program, it displays a big \"GS not installed\" in yellow letters.
    The GSFix website says that as of this version gstudio 2.5 is supported (which is what I\'m using).

Does anyone of you use that tool and possibly know how to make it recognize Gstudio?

thanks in advance

Markus

Re: GsFix 1.010 doesn\'t find GS

Hi Peter,
    the URL is: http://www.inet.hr/~nsiskov/GSFIX.htm

it changes thread priorities I believe, by gstudio one step down (from realtime to high) its supposed to result in the ability to use asio and gsif at the same time at low latencies (RME FAQ links to that site).

-Markus

The GSFix functionality is built into GSt from v2.2 on. It is extraneous for v2.5.

according to that website if you use it standalone without a sequencer on the same system, it isn\'t (and I do have the problems described on the RME website, as soon as any single note leaves the asio client and gstudio at the same time, regardless or ram, cpu and hd weight.

-Markus

Ahh… If it’s standalone without a sequencer on the same system, why would you be using ASIO?

Running Reason alongside gstudio.

-Markus

I use GStudio V2.5 + Reason + VST 5.1 all at the same time on a P3-1GHz, 512mb rambus, 40gb maxtor IDE hdd based system. No need for GsFix just make sure you\'re using Windows 2000 pro (this is key to curing all hideous cracks and pops). The CPU overhead on a Win9X system is excessive when running this lot together, but under W2K...oh yes indeed.....smooth as an 18 year old lap dancer\'s bottom (apparantly!)

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip and effort sharing the knowledge, but I believe its a different situation when theres no sequencer running on that same system (at least the gsfix page says there is, if you\'re running a sequencer on that system, gs will take care of the thread priority automatically as of gs v2.2), with something other than a sequencer, gs seems to not know its supposed to change priorities.
    I\'m using win2k pro in a standard pc install btw, gs alone works like a charm, as does reason alone.

thanks for the effort

-Markus

Markus,

What is this GSFix? And what is the/their website?

TIA,

Peter

I believe the priority problem doesn\'t lie in gstudio in my problem, but in reason (now that gsfix does work with an updated version on the gsfix site, i still have the same crackling, and its only in gstudio, reason does not crackle).

Wondering how to get reason to be less egoistic :|

-Markus

Go Back to forum