• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Getting To Know You?...

Share/Bookmark

Getting To Know You?...

Bela D started this on the Sample Libraries board and I thought I'd steal the idea for us. Post some pictures of yourself and your family if ya got em. Some details about them and you wouldn't be amiss.

Me, I'm 24 married and have a wonderful 3 year old daughter. My wife's name is Misty (age 28), my daughter Ayla (age 3). We live in Spartanburg, South Carolina in the USA. I am employed by Shell Oil Company (my day job.) My job mainly entails routine maintenance, but here lately I've worked as a training representative and administrator of an online program my company has bought into. My wife works as a leasing agent at an apartment complex. I was born and raised here in SC, my wife is originally from Florida. I make music and tutorials by night, much to the chagrin of my wife. I love anime, videogames, anything computer related, the GPO community (I post every day religiously.) My favorite modern band is Radiohead, with the Smashing Pumpkins coming in a close second. I also enjoy listening to Darkwave music (read cheesy goth), Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, and Leonard Cohen. I don't really have a favorite American composer as I've kind of fallen in love with videogame and japanese anime music. Ye gods, I forgot, I'm also a voracious reader (Terry Pratchett mainly, but lots of other stuff as well.) I am also a writer of novels and poetry. Come on guys join in the fun.

My Wife
    My Wife and Daughter
    My Daughter After A Plastic Snake Bite
    My Beautiful Baby

Added: My beautiful baby. She gets 50 miles per gallon. Notice the tanks in the background. This was taken at my day job where I am a slave for 9.5 hours a day and sometime for 12-24 hours depending on the emergency.

Re: Getting To Know You?...

Shaz, with Mrs. Shaz and Little Miss Shaz

Oh, and here's my other daughter, as of last week... Not sure if she's sucking her thumb or if she's got a Kazoo in there.

www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Beautiful family!
    Wait, weren't you working on the Viking Saga for several long sleepless nights and endless months? You're not only a fine musician but a magician as well!
    Styxx

BTW - You two have beautiful families! I don't know what I would do if I had just one child. So used to having so many little rats running around here! Of course, Shaz is on his way. You'll never catch up to me bud!
    Styxx

here is my pic: http://www.lastlibs.com/DL/alan.jpg

I am 21 - not married - living with housemate Jeni - we have a huge house that is mostly filled with instruments and Pepsi.

I am a teacher for Trinity Services for the first half of the day (teach reading and math to mentally challenged adults) - and a sample library developer for the second half... and intermediate dishwasher when needed... hehehe

I have been playing electric guitar since I was 15 - I heard Rush's Tom Sawyer and wanted to be a rock star. I later tried the keys and occasionally pick up a bass. Started writing orchestral when GPO arrived on my doorstep - before then I used general midi.

I started a band with Darryl Kinley when I was 16 - we wrote over 70 pop/rock tunes and have now begun a rock opera based upon a short story of mine... it is coming along slow - but nice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... there's lots more - but I won't bore you with it.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Alan, with a face like that you won't stay single for long. Thanks for the compliment Styxx, but I don't think I can handle more than one of my own offspring. There's a certain hardheaded stubborness running throught my genes that seems to get passed along to my children and other people as well, must be like a virus or something.

Yes, besides music I try my hand at the visual arts. I did this in the first of 4 painting classes I took. If you want to see a photo, here is a link to a picture of a very jet-lagged Trent sitting in a Paris cafe thinking he's clever as he waits for his wife to return from the lady's room - http://trentsworld.com/postings/mirrors.jpg Yes, it's the same turtleneck.

Here is a link to a picture of my wife, Diane, also taken in Paris but a year before the one of me - http://www.trentsworld.com/images/ph...iane_orsay.jpg

Oh, and here is a picture of one of my "kids", Bartelby - http://trentsworld.com/postings/bart-paint1.jpg He was on a cabinet with his head pressed against the ceiling.
    Last edited by trentpmcd; 08-13-2004 at 08:21 PM. Reason: 1st- Posted a much smalled picture; 2nd -Added a link to a picture of my wife
    Trent P. McDonald

Well, since the two posts I was answering were removed a while ago I guess I had better stop talking to myself by answering them.
    Last edited by trentpmcd; 08-20-2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Post not applicable anymore
    Trent P. McDonald

Here's Styxx sampling some drums for us...

http://www.newportevents.com/Blacksh...s/drum_ani.gif

Frank, Hardy Heen, whatever.

How close are you to Wincanton? They're opening the first Ank-Morpork post office there (a twinning of the one in Terry's new book I suppose.) How about I fly up and drop in while I'm in town to meet Terry Pratchett. Save me a few pounds on room and board.

Go Back to forum