• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigstudio96 v2.5 Sonar v1.3.1 Layla24 Blue Screen

Share/Bookmark

Gigstudio96 v2.5 Sonar v1.3.1 Layla24 Blue Screen

Just recieved gigastudio96 v2.5 in order to run on winXP. After installing I found I cannot run Sonar without getting a blue screen (BSOD). At first it would only happen when I tried to play audio in Sonar, with Gigastudio running. Now I am getting the same Blue screen playing audio files in Sonar without Gigastudio running.

The blue screen states that a file \"nstation.sys\" is to blame for the problem. I believe this file is the DSP station in Gigastudio.

Anyway I removed Gigastudio and I no longer get the Blue Screen.

I have also had some of the same problems posted before. Things like Gigastudio saying it had a problem initializing on startup. Also The Conexant Wave server crashing.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Hardware/Software

intel pentium III 800Mz
    Abit VH6 mobo/Via Appollo Pro 133A chipset
    512MB Ram

Gigastudio96 v2.5
    Sonar1.3.1
    Layla24 latest drivers 6.00

Re: Gigstudio96 v2.5 Sonar v1.3.1 Layla24 Blue Screen

EVERYBODY I KNOW HAVE THIS PROBLEM. NOBODY I KNOW RUN GST V2.5 ON XP OR W2K SUCCESSFULLY.

It\'s either the \"blue screen of death\", or the polyphony can\'t go pass 80, while in the same PC, under W98, no problem with 160 voices.

I believe a lot of people have submit this problem to Tascam in many ways. No reply at all. No resolution at all. Some tech support....

I\'m glad that I instsalled XP on another HD so I could still run W98SE now for GSt160.

------------------
    Arys Chien
    Composer & Musician
    Deep White Studio
    Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

I\'m running GigaStudio 96 with Sonar 1.3.1 using an Echo Darla 24. I noticed in the other post regarding the 32 bit that I put in that I have a Layla 24 but I have a Darla 24.

I have not run into this error using the same apps and the same driver. Only difference is that I have an Intel 815e chipset on my motherboard.

Everything works fine in XP except I had to raise the latency slider in Sonar to around 10 ms. to fix audio problems when recording. Also, make sure both programs aren\'t sharing outputs.

Thanks for the input, Haydn. But the problem we people are facing here is more strange: BSOD happens when using SONAR with GSt, but the polyphony problem exists even when running GSt ONLY.

------------------
    Arys Chien
    Composer & Musician
    Deep White Studio
    Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Go Back to forum