• Register
  • Help

Topic: (re)installation peculiarities

Share/Bookmark

(re)installation peculiarities

I've got a nice long sob story for you about dying SCSI drives, slowly failing motherboards, and the combination of the two...but I'll skip that part, since you've heard it all before.

Anyway, I've reconstructed my DAW with a new motherboard and a new HDD, and reinstalled and reupgraded XP, Sonar, and Komplete. When I went to reinstall my copy of GPO, installation progressed through the first 2 CDs, installing the library, but then crashed hard while the contents of the third CD were being installed. This happened twice, after which I had to finish a project, and so I went ahead and used whatever other orchestral sounds I had lying about. Both Sonar and Komplete are working flawlessly on the "new" box.

Before reinstalling, I was having no problems at all using GPO with Komplete in this configuration.

I'm still on a tight schedule, but I'd really like to get those instruments back, since my project is currently lacking the orchestral depth that I get from GPO. Anyone seen similar behavior?

Thanks!

Re: (re)installation peculiarities

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mo
    I've got a nice long sob story for you about dying SCSI drives, slowly failing motherboards, and the combination of the two...but I'll skip that part, since you've heard it all before.

Anyway, I've reconstructed my DAW with a new motherboard and a new HDD, and reinstalled and reupgraded XP, Sonar, and Komplete. When I went to reinstall my copy of GPO, installation progressed through the first 2 CDs, installing the library, but then crashed hard while the contents of the third CD were being installed. This happened twice, after which I had to finish a project, and so I went ahead and used whatever other orchestral sounds I had lying about. Both Sonar and Komplete are working flawlessly on the "new" box.

Before reinstalling, I was having no problems at all using GPO with Komplete in this configuration.

I'm still on a tight schedule, but I'd really like to get those instruments back, since my project is currently lacking the orchestral depth that I get from GPO. Anyone seen similar behavior?

Thanks!
    If it worked before and doesn't work now something seems strange. It could be the media. It could be disc 3 could have been scratched.

Try making a disc image of the disc giving a problem or making a copy of that disc. Also try just copying the library contents (nks, nkis and multis) onto your drive (rather than going through the installation routine) and see if this works. Make sure to retain the same folder structure. If you want you can call me if you need assistance.

Gary Garritan

Re: (re)installation peculiarities

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    If it worked before and doesn't work now something seems strange. It could be the media. It could be disc 3 could have been scratched.

Try making a disc image of the disc giving a problem or making a copy of that disc. Also try just copying the library contents (nks, nkis and multis) onto your drive (rather than going through the installation routine) and see if this works. Make sure to retain the same folder structure. If you want you can call me if you need assistance.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary - I went ahead and installed by copying manually. I also installed the updated player from the NI site and reg'ed the new machine configuration.

I am now able to use the instruments from Kontakt, which is what I really need, but FYI the VST and the standalone player are stuck looking for the "content file". I wasn't able to drag/drop instruments into the player or to point it at the library install point in response to the dialog box that prompts me to browse for the "content."

I'm probably just missing a registry entry or something simple at this point; I'll try to get it sorted out when I'm back in town. Thanks again for your prompt and helpful responses on this forum!!

Go Back to forum