• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Demo From One of Our Youngest Maestros...

Orcas Island

Thumbs up A Demo From One of Our Youngest Maestros...

Ivar Tryti is 16 years old and lives in Norway. He only had GPO for a couple of days and submitted these two delightful pieces of music.

Ivar is very talented. I hope you enjoy his music as much as I did.

We welcome Ivar to the GPO community and hope to hear much more music from him.

Gary Garritan

Re: A Demo From One of Our Youngest Maestros...

I like the portamento on those winds!!! Very nice. I'm a fan Ivar (need to learn to read). I can visualize this in a videogame, but I always say that with pieces I like. Excellent!

Wow. Great work. I never thought I'd feel so old at 35!
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Impressive. Man what I woulda done for a tool like this...er....uh.....23 years ago.... sheesh..
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

West Seneca, NY

Man, I wish I could write like this. 16! You're on your way kid! Nice to know the new generations are getting the GPO spirit.
    Love the percussion work in the first piece. Nice consciences effort on the snare dynamics and accents. Very real!

Thanks for the replies ^_^ (It's me, Ivar). After making those two songs, I spent most of my time trying to maximize preformance (my computer isn't exactly high-end), and I managed to get it to work nicely in FLStudio. My dad allowed me to install this on his computer (he's usually strict about what I can install on it), so if things gets slow here I continue my work over there.
    On Within Reach and Azumanga Daioh Sang, I used one instrument per Kontakt sampler <-- not very efficient, huh? It sounds nice, anyway.

I have two new songs: In the first one I tried to limit myself to using only Brass instruments. The song isn't very long, and it loops (a bad habit I've gotten after listening to never-ending music from various roleplaying games).

The second song was a request from one of my friends. He wanted me to make a song for a scene he pictured: "Some adventurers travel through a forest ridden with undead creatures. They find a sanctuary, a safe dwelling in the forest. But they can't stay there forever, they'll have to get out eventually. The next day, they prepare for battle against the undead."
    I enjoyed making this one, because I had a goal, and I had this picture in the back of my head throughout the whole song.

(If the downloads won't work, copy & paste the link to the adress bar instead. You might even have to use a diffirent internet browser )

Feedback would of course be appreciated

-Ivar Tryti
    Last edited by Dummyplug; 08-12-2004 at 07:50 PM. Reason: downloads might not work

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Thumbs up Re: A Demo From One of Our Youngest Maestros...

WOW! Major WOW!!

I think this proves that GPO is an amazing tool. And what results when placed in talented young hands!

Very impressive first four postings, Ivar. As one of the old/young guys aroung GPO, I salute you!

What sequencer are you using? "FLStudio" is Cakewalk's "fruity loops" thing, right? Whatever you're using, the results are wonderful. I hope that you are getting good musical instruction. (Either that or you have a talent that is just fabulously unbridled!)

Congrats ... KevinKauai

Ivar, you're my new hero.

Thumbs up Re: A Demo From One of Our Youngest Maestros...

I'm impressed!! I second what has already been said here - I too would have loved to have a tool like this when I was your age. You're off to a fantastic start and I can only imagine what wonderful music you will be sharing with us here.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

I'm new here too

I was just about to go to bed and I saw this thread and ahve listened to your work ..

Listening to the brass at this moment .. very nice.

Concerning 'Preperations' I am pretty sure that My girlfriend, Harriet and I will be doing a tango dance to it some time if that is OK with you ....

It has enough of the tango rhythm BUT ALSO has a pace reminiscent of that very old style dance, the fugue and I immediately had a sense of a hybrid dance which could be created to go with this peice you did ... and indeed, looking at the timing, the timing of your peice is right.

By way of interest, I include for you a link of Harriet and me dancing, just to give you sense of what could be happening one day when Preperations is playing

Very best wishes

Glyn Powell.

Go Back to forum