• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and WinXP SP2

Share/Bookmark

GPO and WinXP SP2

Hello all.
    Microsoft is releasing XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) on Monday. There are several compatibility issues with some software packages, due to XP SP2's new DEP technology. (DEP is supposed to prevent viruses from running in an existing data buffer.)
    Cakewalk has posted info about disabling DEP for SONAR.
    (http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp?m=192828)

I was wondering if there will be any issues with GPO????

I am:
    WinXP, P4 1.6Mhz, 1Gig RAM, SONAR3.1.1, GPO

Thanks!

Re: GPO and WinXP SP2

It would be hard for me to believe there wouldn't be. This brings up the question of what other software - Overture, Cubase, Samplitude, and the like will have issues as well.
    It's supposed to get easier not the opposite. Shoot me if I am over reacting!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    It would be hard for me to believe there wouldn't be. This brings up the question of what other software - Overture, Cubase, Samplitude, and the like will have issues as well.
    It's supposed to get easier not the opposite. Shoot me if I am over reacting!

Steinberg has a notice on its forum at:

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum27/HTML/000042.html

I'm going to wait for a while to install SP2. I see no reason to be one of the first to jump on this.

Dave

Dave,
    Sounds like sound advice. I have enough to do with understanding what I have in its present state.
    Styxx

but of course... MS did a terrible job with designing Windows XP in terms of security and their answer is to break everything out there that has to run efficiently. I'm not suprised though. I'm sure everyone will work out the problems eventually. I agree with others though...do NOT go to SP2 yet...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum