• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bidule Rocks...

Share/Bookmark

Bidule Rocks...

Look at this, this is great!

Six instances of GPO Kontakt Player (would do more, but I'm out of maple midi channels and player channels), one instance of Kontakt, all routed through Ambiance! Took me a little while to get it set up, but now, I'm loving it.

Got some questions though...
    When does the non-beta version arrive? How much will it cost? David, ya there?

Re: Bidule Rocks...

I don't get exactly what you acheived with this. You using GPO studio 6 instances of the VST plugin? Doesn't GPO Studio give you 8?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Yes, but no Kontakt or Gigastudio VST wrapped with GPO Studio. I can route them all through the same effects chain and have a captured wav at the end of it. Bidule is also rewire compatible. Also with my other post, if I could get 4 more virtual midi cables I could have 13 instances of GPO.

You lost me again.... good luck with whatever you figured out. You seem excited..
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

I'm exited because this allows me to use these VST plugins with whatever program I want (read Overture.) I can use 4 instance of Kontakt, 4 instances of Gigastudio wrapped as a VST, or GPO with 8 instances in whatever random mix of these I want all from Overture SE. I can also route all these VST's to the same reverb, and export it all from Bidule to a captured WAV file. If there were more virtual midi cables, you could do even more. I just like to be able to use whatever sequencer/notation program I desire, without having to invest in a VST capable sequencer. What if I don't want to pay 400 dollars for Cubase? I can use these VST's with the cheapest midi sequencer on the market as long as it sees Jeff's virtual midi cables. Same with notation.

Ah.. Ok. I guess you could already do that with Steinberg V-stack for pretty cheap( I wanna say $50 ). It doesn't have all the flexibility that Bidule has though. Bidule does a bunch of other stuff....complete flexibility in terms of re-routing signals between plugins...true enough.

But I believe you can route 8 or more VST plugins through the same reverb with it.

Something tells me inside that V-Stack would not handle rewire either..but I really don't know. Anyway, glad you found a solution.

I didn't know Gigastudio had a VST plugin wrapper now. Is that part of GS3?

-steve

Check it: does include Rewire: http://www.steinberg.net/ProductPage...roduct_ID=2130

You also get channel EQ, etc...

Hi Joseph,

Another one of your interesting ideas. This makes it possible to use Sibelius and Garritan together with my new Kontakt player. I have to start looking into Bidule again!

Why do you use the midi maple instead of the bidule in (1/4)? For using it with a sequencer? Or does it enable to use more instruments?

cheers,
    Frank

Steve, FX-Max released a Gigastudio wrapper for 160 and version 3 a few months back. I haven't bought it yet, but I plan to as soon as its needed. It worked flawlessly for me so far. I really like being able to use it as a VST.

Frank, the version of Bidule I installed does not include midi devices, so I had to use Maple. Yes, I use Maple midi so that I can use Bidule with any seqencer/notation program I choose.

This brings me back to why I haven't decided to go with V-Stack at this point. V-Stack only works with a Rewire compatible sequencer (which I do not own anything that works with this standard at this time.) Also, this would allow you to get around the limitation of only 3 instances of GPO with the included Cubase. I know that everyone is like, but what about GPO Studio, but I still would like to be able to use this with Kontakt or Gigastudio. Bidule also has better CPU usage than Studio does. I can also use SIR with Bidule or any effects that I desire. And if I could get more virtual midi cables, then the possibilities are endless.

Back on those midi cables, Steve, it has to be some type of limitation since almost every program that I've come across that has virtual midi is limited to 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    This brings me back to why I haven't decided to go with V-Stack at this point. V-Stack only works with a Rewire compatible sequencer (which I do not own anything that works with this standard at this time.) .
    really? It seems like I saw someone use it once without a rewire sequencer..but I could be mistaken.. You very well may need to get something like Maple going to provide virtual midi ports though if you want to run it on the same computer as your sequencer.

Go Back to forum