• Register
  • Help

Topic: Virtual Midi Cables???

Share/Bookmark

Virtual Midi Cables???

Are they any more applications out there similar to Jeff's excellent Virtual Midi Cables. I need like four more virtual midi in/outs for Bidule. Or is this something Jeff's program can do that I'm not aware of, or is this just a limitation of some kind?

Re: Virtual Midi Cables???

I'm not sure about the limitation of 4. I have seen other products also limited to 4 on PC (not so on Mac). I'm not really sure why.

The only other virtual midi thing I know about is the one from NTonyx...and I have a feeling its also limited to 4.

Jeff could tell us if this is a limitation of Windoz or some other thing...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Pity Bump.

There is a thing called "midi yoke" that creates 8 Virtual In/Out midi ports for any midi application

Free - Midi Yoke Driver

That is the main page, download link is there as well

"This allows you to connect the MIDI output from one program to the MIDI input of a different program. MIDI Yoke can be configured to provide a varying number of MIDI Ports (from 1 to 16). In addition, each port allows multiple opens of both input and outputs: up to 4 openings per port. This flexibility provides for almost any configuration imaginable. "
    Last edited by Theodor; 08-17-2004 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Add Add Add
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Haven't there been some compatibility problems with MidiYoke? I really like what Jeff has done. I haven't had a lick of trouble with his. I just wonder if there's a reason there's only 4 virtual cables in Maple and if its possible to get more. But, alas, it seems Jeff is busy with another project right now so I'll just have to wait.

Check this out...

Hubi's MIDI LoopBack device Version 2.6-a for Windows 3.x and 9x. A MIDI driver that gives you up to four virtual MIDI ports. Each virtual port can act as both an input and output MIDI device. All MIDI data sent to the output is automatically channeled to all connected programs at the input side.

You can find it here;

http://members.nextra.at/hubwin/midi.html

I believe it's free

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Haven't there been some compatibility problems with MidiYoke?
    If you use it on W2K/XP and have Gigastudio installed. From my own experience it creates problems on W2K. I could not open Sonar or Gigastudio for a long time and this happened on 2 systems. Tascam confirmes this as well.

So I would even think of trying it on my XP machine.

I was reading in their forums about how it has caused problems with Gigastudio. No thanks. My PC is rock solid and I don't need random BSOD's. I've looked a Hubi's but doesn't it need to be running to work. I'm sure it has a small footprint, but the advantage of Maple is that it's invisible to me.

There is also this product: http://www.ntonyx.com/mm10.htmwhich probably works very well, but also only has 4 ports...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum