• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hope all you Floridians

Share/Bookmark

Hope all you Floridians

Came out unscathed. We were really lucky. We heard alot of thumps and booms, but luckily nothing hit our home. The yard looks like someone came and chopped everything down and its by pure luck that none of the trees or debris landed against the house. The only injury was to myself in preparing when I was taping the windows I fell out of the chair(pre storm). Guess im a clutz.

I know some here and I have talked about our respective locations to each other and I hope all is well with you and my heart goes out to ya.
    Nicole Davis

Re: Hope all you Floridians

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Came out unscathed. We were really lucky. We heard alot of thumps and booms, but luckily nothing hit our home. The yard looks like someone came and chopped everything down and its by pure luck that none of the trees or debris landed against the house. The only injury was to myself in preparing when I was taping the windows I fell out of the chair(pre storm). Guess im a clutz.

I know some here and I have talked about our respective locations to each other and I hope all is well with you and my heart goes out to ya.
    Thanks Nicole. We were lucky here in the Jacksonville, Florida area. We only got some light rain and no damaging winds. This was a welcome surprise as the "experts" were predicting hurricane conditions for us.

I also feel sorry for those that were not as lucky. Hope that none of our friends lost any loved ones and that those that did experience the hurricane conditions are able to get their lives back together quickly.

Dave

I was just thinking about all you chaps over there -hope everyone's OK. Trond's a Florida resident I think - you still with us Trond?

Andy
    http://www.audiopHoBic.com
    Soundtracks for Theatre, Dance & Film

Still waiting to hear from my sister. She lives in Orlando right in the area the eye of the hurricane went through. Most of the phone service is down in this area as well as power.

Glad you made it through ok, Nicole. I missed your reply on chat yesterday, sorry. I did not mean to ignore you!

My best wishes to all those in Florida and hopes that as they get through this that all will turn out well.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Finally heard from my sister in Orlando late yesterday afternoon. She had to drive quite a ways to get into a cell tower as many were knocked down from the high winds in her area. Their house didn't have any damage although all the fences were blown down. Many of their neighbors weren't as lucky and quite a few had trees blown down and thru the roofs. They had a tornado touchdown about a quarter mile from their house. The power will be out for at least a few days and they have no phone service. They were headed to Disney to spend the day since it was quite hot (95 degrees) in their house. Pretty much every thing was closed in their area. At least no one was hurt.

After watching the new reports of Florida, I am astounded at the devastating aftermath of Charley. I hope all our Floridian members are okay. If anyone needs help, we have resourceful and caring people here who can help.

Gary

Wink Re: Hope all you Floridians

Quote Originally Posted by audiopHoBic
    I was just thinking about all you chaps over there -hope everyone's OK. Trond's a Florida resident I think - you still with us Trond?

Andy
    Hi Andy,

Yup, alive and well here. I live on the East Coast of Florida, near Ft. Lauderdale, exactly east of Charley's coming ashore devastation zone maybe 80-90 miles to the West. We had some gusty wind, high clouds, but not even a drop of rain here. I could see darker clouds off to the West, but that was about it for us, luckily.

My heart goes out to all those who got clobbered - Charley cut a diagonal path of devastation right through the state.

Now tropical storm Earl is approaching the windward islands in the Western Atlantic, and its forecasted path includes SW Florida, 4 or 5 days out in the future still. It's expected to become a hurricane very soon.

Trond

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    Yup, alive and well here.
    Pleased to hear it! We really have nothing like that over here. It's one thing to hear it on the international news and quite another when you realise "Hang on, I know who lives there...".

Glad everyone seem ok.

Andy
    http://www.audiopHoBic.com
    Soundtracks for Theatre, Dance & Film

Go Back to forum